Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This is All BOSSY's Fault

For three days, BOSSY has been all broth this and cleanse that, so much so that last night ... VUBOQ dreamed about making veggie broth.

And then this morning, BOSSY posted her "recipe" (which is actually kind of the way VUBOQ posts recipes), which was obviously a sign from the Blogoverse that I must Make teh Broth in the Style of BOSSY.

So I am.

See:

[pic taken with the Nokia 6650]



Except, I forgot to buy spinach.
And I added mushrooms. And a whole onion (with skin).
And a piece of dried kelp.
And what the fork is fennel anyway? Let's hope 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary are similar.
Oh, and I was out of garlic.
And, then, well, I had to add a little of Chef's Little Helper: a cup of dry vermouth.


So, see? Just Like BOSSY*!


I rock.


*smooches*

*Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery, right

6 comments:

  1. Are you gonna strain it and drink the broth?

    Whenever I make something like that, I always get so sad about the stuff that gets thrown away. Discarded vegetables! They gave their life for your broth!

    I think your vermouth addition was simply inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline: Thanks! I probably won't strain/drink. I think I'll freeze some and use the rest for soup-making. I *heart* soup. I feel the same way about the discarded veggies, but, since we compost here, I don't feel too bad. *smooches*

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you be a vegetarian and not know about fennel? Yummy.

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  4. fennel is a vegetable that looks something like a bastard child of celery and a a fern.

    it's got a very distinctive licorice flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now. I AM impressed!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fennel! F-e-n-n-e-l! FENNEL!

    Bossy will swap you: her fennel idea for your mushrooms? How could she forget mushrooms?

    ReplyDelete