Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Weather is Not Being Helpful

Good Morning, Kittens!

Yesterday, I started my StickSteven 2008 Year in Review Holiday Letter (You can see the previous years' letters here). The odd thing is that the only drawing so far that is remotely cute/funny is the drawing for the month in which the worst things happened. I suppose it lends credence to the theory that humor helps us get over things.

I also made BOSSY Broth. Here is the strained broth photo:

I have lots of broth in the freezer now. I also took about a cup or so, brought it to a boil, cooked some udon noodles in it, and then added a squirt of chili sauce (the Vietnamese sauce that has the rooster on the bottle. I can't remember what it's called). Delicious!

Then, I watched The Lost Language of Cranes. I may have a longer post about this in the future (but probably not). But, let's just say that watching this movie on PBS when it debuted in the US helped shape a lot of my ideas about being gay.

After that, I headed over to my across-the-hall neighbor's apartment for cupcakes. OMG. So yummy. She made green tea, mexican hot chocolate, and peanut butter cupcakes. Mmmm. I ate so many (and I'm having one for breakfast now). And, then, we played Apples to Apples.

Today, I had some plans of walking around snapping some photos for the Nokia Chronicles. However, the weather is not cooperating. I may postpone 'til tomorrow. Or re-evaluate at noon. We shall see. Plus, I need to head to Georgetown to run a few errands. I do not want to run errands in the rain. Yuck.

Have a great day!
*smooches*

7 comments:

  1. rn terri10:58 AM

    I don't do the broth thing, but I could DEFINITELY do the cupcakes! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your broth is so much more handsome than Bossy's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'd be sriracha sauce. David just calls it "chicken sauce", though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to offer a yummy Hawai`i kama`aina tip for the hapless carnivores who enjoy your very wholesome vegetarian adventures... so Vuboq should cover his ears! :o)

    A ribbon of rooster sauce (that's what we call sriracha in my haole household) through a pool of A-1 sauce is the ULTIMATE for dipping nice morsels of steak into. If you like that sort of thing! Which none of us do, of course! I imagine it might be pretty good on stir-fried tofu, too? Okay, Vuboq... it's safe now... you may take your hands off your ears, dear. xxoo and aloha from Caroline in Wahiawa, HI, where it is raining so hard THEY CANCELLED SCHOOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lord, what was my name again?

    The rain has obviously permeated my brain. You should hear it. It's deafening on the tin roof of this little old shack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly6:01 PM

    ummmmmmmmmmm, cuppy-cakes.....(drools on shirt)

    and it's raining up here too; cold, damp, drippy.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man you're leaving SS2008 late - you sure it's gonna reach my uk abode in time? Don't be posting it to Australia now....

    ReplyDelete