Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Waiting

Good Morning, Kittens.

I'm waiting for FedEx this morning. They are coming to pick up the Nokia 6650, which I test-drove for a few weeks. I will be typing up a little review about my thoughts this week about the phone. Stay tuned. You can, of course, see pictures (I'm Chapter 2!) various bloggers took using the phone here.

Yesterday was fun. The symposium on tropical extinction was cool; however, we didn't stay for the reception. After 4 speakers, I was done ... so we left. There were still 2 speakers and a moderated panel discussion left. We probably should have skipped the first speakers by arriving later. That might have been better. On the plus side, there were several cute boys in attendance. On the minus side, why is every man in DC so short? Napolean complex?

After leaving the symposium, Dana and I goofed around the Natural History Museum for awhile. We headed back to Silver Spring, picking up some Obama cookies at the Safeway before heading to McGinty's for happy hour (1/2 price bar menu = $4.75 veggie burger. Sweet!).

During happy hour, I was lamenting the sorry state of my cell phone. I've had it for at least 4 years, I think. At one point, I dropped it and have had to tape in the battery. I told Dana that I'm too lazy to go the Verizon store to get a new one, and she was, all, "hello? Stupid much? You can do all that online." Duh. So I did.

I got a new phone for free! (after mail-in rebate). It will be delivered in 1-2 business days. I'm v. excited. Plus, since I'm always going over my plan's txt msg limit, I upgraded. Now, I'll have unlimited text, picture, and video messaging. Huzzah! If only I can figure out a way to pay for it all. Ha. Having no income, yet still spending money, is kind of sucky.

More later. *smooches*

Now, scroll down for my 12 of 12 from yesterday :-)

3 comments:

  1. Care to comment on the taste of those cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to meet my friend Carl, he is not short at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second GayProf's request. How did the cookies taste?

    ReplyDelete