Monday, January 05, 2009

I've Been Through the Desert on a Horse with No Name

Good morning, Kittens.

Everyone happy to be back at work? Slaving away for the Man? Make sure you file your form 84-3Cs correctly and in triplicate!

Meanwhile, my Anti-Social Weekend was quite fun! After having a super busy New Year's Eve/Day, I was perfectly happy to sit at home, blobbing on the sofa and knitting for most of the time.

The main event for Saturday was a wonderful lunch with Tomokito at El Golfo, followed later in the evening by martinis and Steel Magnolias with SCGB. After which, I broke one of my martini glasses. Boo. Hiss.

Yesterday, I ventured into Downtown Silver Spring to look for an interesting book and some shoes. I found neither. Later, I met SCGB at Adega for dinner. Then, we came home, shared *another* bottle of wine, and watched the Romanian abortion movie, 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days. It's an amazing flick. Watch it (if you haven't already). It's not nearly as depressing as I expected it to be.

Also, I began working on The List ... which is my list of non-resolutions for the year, things I want to accomplish in 2009. I only have a few things on there right now, but plan to add to it throughout the year. Here is what I have so far (in no particular order):

The List for 2009

1. Write (on average) at least one short story per month.
2. Create and maintain a database to keep track of the books I read.
3. Find a job.
4. Make a teapot.
5. Knit a seamless sweater.
6. Visit the following places: New York City, Philadelphia, London ...
7. Co-ordinate and increase participation in the 10% Refund Challenge.
8. Plan fabulous 40th Birthday Vacation to Las Vegas for my 2 best friends from college (whose birthdays are conveniently one week apart).
9. Make Very Special Trip to MFT to visit the SuperFantastic Cuzin and finally meet GayProf, live and in person (and maybe get slightly intoximacated together!).

Have a great day!
*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. What? No MFT in your travel plans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You broke a MArtini glass?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to make #4 short and stout. It would be unseemly otherwise.

    I can't wait for you to meet the Most Desirable Man in the Blogosphere! You'll then only be three degrees of separation away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you looking for a specific interesting book, or books that looked interesting? Because I could make a few suggestions.

    PS: I don't get the post title. I know the song but don't get the relation to the post.

    Word verification: "mates" Not sure if it's the noun or the verb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rn terri2:39 PM

    I am so excited to see you are also doing "THE LIST", as opposed to resolution BS. I decided this weekend to do the list, as well. It just makes more sense. I have been off work for 2 weeks and it was sooo hard coming back, I have to say checking in on your blog always makes the day more fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly4:51 PM

    #6 says philadelphia - YAYZ!!!!!

    bossy better get ready to do some serious drinkin' with us...

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you meet GayProf, I will be SOOOO jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stealing a few of those non-resolutions.

    And your blobbing weekends are more eventful than my busiest weekends. I've made peace with that though.

    ReplyDelete