Friday, January 02, 2009

Holiday Update: New Year's Edition

Good morning, kittens!

Here's a run down of my Rockin' New Year's Eve (and Day) ...

Wednesday, I spent the day cleaning and prepping for the party. For food, I had a couple of types of cheese, an assortment of olives, and chips and salsa. I also prepared a simple champagne punch - cranberry juice, ginger ale, frozen raspberries, raspberry sorbet, and champagne.

The guests started arriving around 8:30/9. Lots of people contributed snacks and bottles of champagne.Around 10, we started the champagne tasting. In all, we tasted 8 different sparkling beverages. Each champagne was rated on presentation and taste. In the end, Kristi won with her choice of a sparkling Italian Pinot. It was quite lovely.

I think about 15 or 16 people attended ...

NYEve2009 001

NYEve2009 003

The final guests left around 2:30. I washed dishes until 3:30, and -finally- went to bed at 4.

NYEve2009 004

NYEve2009 005

My alarm went off at 9 ... and I stumbled out of bed about half an hour later.

Around 11:30, I headed up to SCGB's apartment. He hosted a delicious brunch for the neighbors with a bloody mary bar, a delicious fritata, lots of coffee, and other yummy yummy things. I left the brunch around 2:30, came back to my apartment and slept 'til 4ish.

naptimekitty 002

At 7, I headed over to another neighbor's for a Game Night. We had pizza and beer and played games. 'Twas lots o' fun ...

But I think I'm about socialled out for a few days. Today, I will be quite reclusive, methinks.

Have a wonderful day. I have lots to do! *smooches*

1 comment: