Friday, January 30, 2009

Lunch

Good Morning, Kittens.

My lunch date was so much fun. We went to Proof, and it "proof"-ed to be delicious! *groan*

I ordered a glass of yummy prosseco. And the wild mushroom quiche with a mixed greens salad (which tasted like it was tossed with sesame oil). Then, I had another glass of yummy prosseco, because it was yummy. Then, we ordered dessert: Honeyed Goat('s milk) Cheesecake [pictured]. The sauce was made from passion fruit, and -while delicious- it was a bit too tangy for me. The cheesecake, itself, however, was marvelous. Super creamy cheesy goodness.


Then, I walked Mark back to his office building and headed home ...

0129091330.jpg

... stopping at the bank, likker store, and Whole Foods on the way home.

I bought kumquats. Completely forgetting that I don't really like kumquats. For some reason, I think that if I keep trying them, I will learn to like them. Hasn't happened (and, for the record, it hasn't happened with beets either).


Once home, I did a little prep work for my interview this afternoon. Did I mention that I have an interview this afternoon? I don't think I have. I'll let you know more about it later. Nothing like going to an interview with Totally Mad Hair and an Eye Which Looks Like It's Exploding Pus and Goo.

0129092059.jpg

I'm sure I'll be a huge hit around the office. Watch my Twitter updates (over there -->)for a report on how it went.

My weekend has yet to be completely sorted, but I am going to a chamber music concert at the Renwick Gallery with Mark on Sunday. Not sure what I'm doing Friday night and Saturday. I'm sure something fun will come up.

Have a fab weekend! *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eye doesn't look bad at all!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly4:26 PM

    YAYZ for delicious lunches and good company!

    and YAYZ YAYZ for likker store!

    sorry the job was not to your liking. and your eye looks a bit better, but not quite normal yet.

    have a fabu weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fruit sauces should be banned from all desserts. Bleh.

    The eye definitely looks like it is clearing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how to work Twitter! What happened with the eye and the interview??

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wait a minute. Is that the cheesecake? Cheesecake in a glass?? I thought maybe that was the prosseco, but the google told me prosseco was fizzy wine or something. But OMG!! Cheesecake in a glass!!!! How have I lived thus far never experiencing such a fabulous thing??

    ReplyDelete