Saturday, January 03, 2009

Like, um, what?

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to interact with people at all ...

Y IM'ed me Friday night. I tried to be polite (really!). Then, this happened:

Y: whats ur new years resolution?
VUBOQ: i haven't made any
Y: why not? maybe it will do you good.
VUBOQ: i'm perfect already.
Y: *rolling eyes*
Y: it's a nice way to get yourself motivated about something
VUBOQ: i'm sure it is.
Y: fine.
Y: its amazing how resistant you are for anything that resembles initiative or pro-activity
VUBOQ: it's amazing how easily you project your insecurities on me.
Y: amazing indeed
Y: true! im afraid im gonna be unemployed for a prolonged period -- and look! a perfect projection!
VUBOQ: so it would seem

I, then, logged off. Y txt msg'ed me a few minutes later: "sorry. didn't mean to upset u. too much ;-)"

UGH. Srsly, I am not making any resolutions this year. Although I am thinking of making a list of things I wish to accomplish. But, I did not feel it necessary to go into that with him. And, actually, I'm not quite ready to go into it with you, my sweet, sweet kittens, either. No offense. I want to think it through a bit more first.

Then, when I woke up this morning, this was in my Facebook inbox:

Steven!
Ok, I know it's you. I'm just wondering, why haven't you accepted my friend
request?
I would love to see how you are doing. Just asking...
WILL YOU ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST?
Sorry for the all caps. It's getting late. Thank you! :)

It was from a high school friend. We were "best" friends for three years. Then, at the beginning of our Senior year, he decided I wasn't worth the time (or something). And hardly interacted with me at all for the entire year.

I haven't accepted any Friend Requests for several weeks. I'm trying to figure out how to organize my Facebook friends, because I don't want everyone I "friend" to have Total Access to everything on my page.

The whole thing screams "desperately needy" or something. And, really, I don't feel like dealing with that right now.

In fact, I don't feel like dealing with much of anything except my dwindling supply of gin.

Have a good night! *smooches*

12 comments:

  1. Some days are better spent not interacting with people. That's been my experience, anyway.

    Do you still want to communicate with Y? If so, (wh)Y? Seems he practices his gift of getting on your last gay nerve an awful lot. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Java said, srsly. What good are the V & B in VUBOQ if you're not actually using them where they're most needed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly4:50 AM

    your private life is simply that - private. you share only what YOU choose to share.

    screw Y and mr. high school. they will never be friends, just plenty of negative energy to bring you down.

    since you knit, are you on ravelry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Java. If Y only brings annoying conversations, it's best to ignore him and he'll go away.

    As for Facebook, I don't get it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing I most admire about you, aside from your wit, of course, is the initiative you take in your life. I love how you take advantage of the things around you to create what seems to be a lovely, fulfilling life for yourself. I love reading how you fill your days with friends and activity, things you do to take care of yourself. Your blog motivates me to want to do more with my life every day.

    And thank you (belatedly) for sharing SS2008.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Victoria said. You are Mr. Motivation from what I can tell. And I see (i.e. read) you making resolutions - both short and long term - all year long! You are an inspiration, dearest. (Unfortunately, I am a slacker, so your inspiration hasn't completely inspired me out of my procrastinatory habits . . yet! Oh, but it will! One day. Yes, one day, I will knit! One day, I will throw pots!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Why on earth should you of all people make a resolution? You *are* so wonderfully perfect. About Facebook, to me it seemed like a perfectly good idea at the time, now it just annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that was just mean spirited to start with. Lots of people are unemployed and you are taking care of your responsibilities. Hang in there and yeah, I have the same FB quandry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mr. V. I have restarted my blog, and because I am self-sometimes-employed, have listed you in my Upper Blogovia arena. Why? Because the greenscreen goes with my hair? Maybe, but mostly cause you seem to like yourself. Makes it easy to go along with the idea...

    Don't let the idea of "New" year nibble on you too much. This is an odd one.

    Peacing along,

    Mystery Achievement

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find that most of the connections of old high school friends on facebook are either of the "let's catch up" variety (which peter out to nothingness after a few e-mails) OR they're the type where someone is still carrying around guilt for something they did to a friend 15 years ago. In which case it leaves you very little to do other than accept the lame apology and exonerate the other person so they can let it go already. It has very little to do with you and everything to do with their own guilt. *sigh* Hardly worth the effort : )

    Keep being your VUBOQy self!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe you already know this but don't respond to his facebook email, if you do he'll have full access to your page.

    I'm a big fan of letting the people I don't really want to be friends with just sit there in "request" mode.

    Or, I say yes and then delete them a few days later. Passive much? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Y needs a swift kick in the ass.

    ReplyDelete