Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flower Child

Good Morning, Kittens.

I promise not to turn this into a Gay Uncle Blog, but -if you're dying to see photos of the Cutest! Baby! Ever!*- you can click here.

The hospital was good. I was surprised by the lack of security. Yes, we had to be buzzed in to the maternity ward, but there was no sign in, no ID check, no nothing. Of course, the nurse did check our bags when we left to make sure we had no babies stuffed in them. Having grown accustomed to Post-9/11 OverSecurityItis, it was a weird feeling to -almost- be trusted.

The Baby Daddy was out running errands, but his mother was there, as -of course- was Tomokito, looking radiant (I promised I wouldn't put up any pix of her though).

Mike and I took some photos and chatted. Later, Atul and my Ex-BFF came in. Apparently, Tomoko and the Ex-BFF had lunch plans, but she stood him up. I'm actually a little surprised that he still talked to her. I mean, being stood up for lunch is a much more grievous offense than being ignored on a crowded club's dance floor ... yet he completely cut off that person (and the friend who decided to date him). Oh, well.

The four of us left. Atul dropped me off at the metro station. I have a sneaking suspicion that the other three then went to dinner, which was fine by me. I prefer to not eat with a person who makes me sick. And, srsly, the Ex-BFF might want to think about skipping a few meals ... or at least laying off the cake for a bit.

As for the rest of my weekend, today, SCGB and I are going to a house-warming party out in the Wilds of Prince Georges County. And, tomorrow, Mark and I are going to a movie. I haven't decided what I want to see yet. Maybe that Benjamin Button movie ... or something else? Any recommendations?

Have a good weekend! *smooches*

*except for *your* babies ... and the Fabulously Cute First Cousin Once Removed.

8 comments:

  1. congrats on being a new uncle... i became one for the first time in august... it is wonderful... all the fun of a kid without the responsibilty....

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice the way you worked in the vicious and the bitter on that post. You are a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Wow! Bossy leaves you alone for one second and Tomokito has her baby??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hana is teh Cutez! You could start a new feature of LOLHana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute babyness!

    *sigh*

    i want a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My comment was going to be "Sheesh, I go out of town for one weekend and the baby shows up" but SOMEONE who's name rhymes with "glossy" stole my totally funny thunder.

    This will be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't stand him up for lunch. I texted him from the labor room "I'm in labor. Can't do lunch. Sorry!" Anyways. My fagina still hurts.

    ReplyDelete