Thursday, November 20, 2008

Startling Revelation

Last night, I was on the phone with one of my best friends from college and said, "It's so cold I only left the house once yesterday and that was to cash my unemployment check and go to the likker store."

[pause]

"OMG! I am White Trash."

[pause]

"At least I didn't spend it all on lottery tickets."

*sigh*

Have a good day, kittens. I'll be spending the afternoon moving my appliances to the front yard and putting a truck up on blocks.

*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Don't forget the broken, torn couch on the front porch, and the Christmas lights you leave up year round. And the inflatible Nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFL

    A tarp over your leaking TransAm would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few kids running around without socks on... and a butt hanging out of your mouth while you holler at them, in your Mickey Mouse t-shirt, is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anne marie in philly12:42 PM

    the washing machine on the front porch has to work.

    and you have to have several large dogs running around loose.

    and a few tires in the front yard makes a nice lawn ornament.

    how do I know this?

    because I had an aunt (on my father's side) who was from kentucky; and her house looked just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeing off the front porch--don't forget to do that repeatedly! Especially when the in-laws are driving into the driveway or the school bus is passing your house : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This entry made me giggle. You are terribly funny, my man. Terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often find myself doing equally trashy things like painting my four year old's nails or going to the bus stop in my pajamas. But I'm from Mississippi, so I just don't know any better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed out loud, and snorted up coffee when I read this. (it got on Derek's new macbook, but SHHH!, don't tell him)

    ReplyDelete