Because I Am Having a Martini and Procrastinating
Hello, Kittens!You've all been so patient with my rather *blah* past few posts, here's a little bit more fun tidbits from my life ...
I received a surprise package today! A CD (Bridget Jones Diary 2) and a book (Brideshead Revisited). So fun! It's amazing how a little act of kindness like that brightened my dreary mood. OMG. I feel so HAPPY (and I'm *almost* 100% positive it's not just the gin).
In other news, I have a kind-of-date tonight. At 7:30. I probably shouldn't be having this martini. I call it a "kind-of-date" because I am going to dinner with a friend of a friend, who recently (in August) ended a 13-year relationship. I think that kind of hurt takes longer to heal than a few months. We'll have food and drinks and laughs and
AND, I believe that Operation Politics of Visibility may be starting tomorrow. Details to follow if it happens.
Will that tide you over for the evening? Luv U! *smooches*
PS. VUBOQ was, like, totally sober in that photo. *cough*
PPS. Please accept the above wrinkly brow as proof that VUBOQ is, like, totally not addicted to botox.
Have fun tonight! And while your at it, I'll take a vodka martini. Make that a flirtini! :o)
ReplyDeleteI would guess that having a facial expression *at all* rules out the Botox. Have a good time tonight.
ReplyDeleteThis post makes up for all the other half-assed ones.
ReplyDeleteProof that VUBOQ forgot to shake his camera. Have a fun date!
ReplyDeletexoxo, SG
This photo just made me laugh! It's great. The happiness is contagious :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your "kind-of-date." I hope it's not awkward, and that you Get Some. *waggles eyebrows*
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a nice time tonight. and I shall raise a glass of merlot in toast to the wonderfulness that is VUBOQ!
ReplyDeleteWould this photo be your new avatar? It's great!
ReplyDeleteI kinda dated two guys years ago (kinda simultaneously) who were both just out of 13-year relationships. (Turned out, one of them wasn't quite out yet though. Yikes!) Makes me wonder about that 13-year time frame. Is there an itch then or something?
ReplyDelete