Friday, November 21, 2008

Soup's On!

Good (Almost) Afternoon, Kittens.

I had a busy morning. No time to blog until just. now. I had to go to the bank with another Board Member to make a deposit. Then, I bought a lottery ticket. Then, I had to find and apply to a job (which I did ... even though I don't really want that job).

Now, I can tell you about the soup I made last night. It was surprisingly delicious. In fact, I think I'll have some for lunch in a little while.

For the soup, I heated up some olive oil in a large pot.
Then, I added an array of spices (chili powder, cumin, pepper, cinnamon).
Of course, the cinnamon was a bit clumpy so when I shook it LOTS of cinnamon poured out. I tried to scoop out as much as a could, but the soup was still a bit too cinnamony.
Next, sauteed diced onion and carrot.
And sliced mushrooms.
And a couple of chipotles in adobo sauce.
Once those were all cooked, I added a large can of diced tomato.
Brought it to a boil, and pureed the hell out of it with my handheld mixer (which I LOVE!).
Added two cans of black beans.
Half a bag of frozen okra.
Half a bag of frozen corn.
Some water.
Boiled.
One cup of uncooked rice.
And some more spices.
Cooked until the rice was soft.
Easy. Peasy. Delicious.

SCGB thought it needed more salt. So he added some to his.

No pictures, unfortunately.

Instead, how about VUBOQ as a Puntabulous Person:


Happy Friday! *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. I read through that recipe and didn't see easy anywhere.

    Your puntperson is awesome. Mine was lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so YUMMY!

    And friggin adorable Puntabulous VUBOQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh David, your's was great! Thank you both for playing along! Now get to work on finding me a martini that size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did it go with the lottery ticket? I think it's all attitude. Refuse to admit defeat and carry on as if you'd won. Hey, can I borrow $50?

    ReplyDelete