Friday, November 28, 2008

Leftover Pie!

Good Morning, Kittens!

Guess what I'm having for breakfast (and lunch ... and dinner ... for the next few days)?

Spinach-ricotta pie
Vegetarian shepherd's pie
Sweet potato pie (2 kinds)
Cranberry Apple Walnut Pie
Apple Pie
Pecan Pie
and a buttery Apple Tart.
And one other kind of pie, but not sure what kind it is.

There was lots of pie! It was delicious. 13 people and lots of pie. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures. But we ate lots of pie.

And had hot apple cider with spiced rum.

And played games - Taboo and Catchphrase. Fun times. The last guests straggled home a little after midnight. I cleaned a bit and decompressed, finally heading to bed just before 3.

Previously in the day, I went to a delicious brunch hosted by an upstairs neighbor. Great food. And mimosas! Who knew champagne and orange juice went so well together? And provided such a great complement to breakfasty foods? Around three, the neighbor, her friend, and I, blogged on my sofa watching Home for the Holidays ... ah! The Disfunctional Family Thanksgiving! So much fun! Then, we made pie.

This morning, I am moving a little slowly. And I have to apply to at least one job today. Ack!

Have a great day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. David has declared today to be Pie-day, cause we have lots of leftover pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Champagne and orange juice? That'll be bucks fizz then. Is there any other way to start the day? Of wait, of course - Mr V bloody mary wih rosemary sprigs. Duh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. Where's my pie you selfish arse?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two days offline, then, huh? What doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, spinach pie. I think that's what I'll make for dinner.

    If I could have ditched the spawn I would have brought a chocolate cream pie and my favorite game, Apples to Apples.

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete