Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Almost Final Pottery Post for the Year

Good Morning, Kittens.

My last pottery class was last night. *sniff* I trimmed a vase, and, then, using the last of Carolyn's clay, I made a handbuilt mug and another vase (which actually will look pretty cool if it comes out right).

Even though class is over, I still will need to go in at least 2 more times (for glazing and for a final pottery pickup). The next session starts in February. Oh! Why so far away? WHY?

And here is what I got back last night:

Everything was glazed in Lisa's Favorite Blue and/or Michigan Brown ...

Round Vase:
Round Vase

Another Vase:
Vase

Mug:
Brown and Blue Mug

Sake Cups (I guess):
Cups

Inside View of the Taller Cup:
Tall Cup - Inside View

And, there you have it.

btw, is anyone else participating in Puntabulous's activity of creating yourself as an PuntabulousPerson? I hope so. I'm pleased with how mine came out.

More later. *smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Yes! Thanks for the free publicity! And by "free" I mean "I'll stop by later with my ball gag".

    I'm posting everyone's pics this friday, so I'll need them by Thursday afternoon if people want to participate!

    Oh, and great pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly1:48 PM

    nice pieces, you wonderful potter you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that first vase makes my heart go pitter patter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Puntabulous, I haven't had any time yet and don't really have any good ideas. I'm not doing a lame one just for the sake of doing one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:17 PM

    I live in the DC area, where have you been doing these classes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just submitted my picture to Craig. It's lame because I am not an artist, but I did add verbiage that I'm sure will not be on any other entry.

    Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The "another vase" is beautiful.


    peace
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love that cattywompus vase. Or is it the angle? I hope it's not just the angle. Cattywompusness rocks.

    ReplyDelete