Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Want Pie Now

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving Eve, Kittens.

To get you in the mood for the most important aspect of the holiday, watch this. Repeatedly.

Yesterday was quite productive. There are two openings at a certain federal agency where I have always wanted to work. I finished one application yesterday and will work on the other one this week (with the goal of submitting it by COB Friday). I am qualified for both positions, and for one of them, I feel I am uniquely qualified. We shall see ...

In the evening, I headed over to Mike's. He made quesadillas. I drank lots of wine (oops). Then, I came home.

As for the scathing Y blogpost, let's just say I thought better of it. The gist was that I am annoyed that, even though we are broked-up, he still expects me to be some sort of emotional support system for every minor crisis he has. I do not want that role, tyvm.

My plans for today are as follows:

1. Clean.
2. Clean.
3. Clean

I must start prepping for the Late Night All-Pie Thanksgiving Extravaganza and Game Night. Somewhere between 8 and 4 BILLioN people will be in attendance, which puts VUBOQ's Cocktail Party Alert System somewhere between "guarded" and "OM-FORKING-GOD PANIC PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIC!!!!" Should be a good time. Don't you want to come? Bring pie, booze, and games!

More later (perhaps). *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. Yay for unique qualifications! Mmmm, quesadillas...
    I must have missed the bit about Y, but damn, that boy is freaking clueless. I say again, you deserve better, darlin'.
    Happy LNA-PTEaGN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy pumpkin pie, but I'm more a fan of the side dishes at T-Day, the stuffing and the potatoes and the salty veggies. Unless it's chocolate pie, I don't really get excited.

    And Y is a tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cas-O-Deeyas. Yayess!!! With wine. Tres awesome. Taco Diner makes them with shrooms.....yummm.

    Have a great holiday and here's to some new jobs before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. anne marie in philly12:38 PM

    wish I could come to the party...

    interesting...y expects you to support him through "his crises", yet where was HE when you got mugged? nowhere, that's where! forking jerk! tell him to jerk off on a telephone pole!

    good luck with the job apps, good luck with the party, and have a nice turkey day VUBOQ! smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The gist was that I am annoyed that, even though we are broked-up, he still expects me to be some sort of emotional support system for every minor crisis he has. I do not want that role, tyvm." No reciprocity either, as Anne Marie in Philly points out.

    You also now have the story of why I am in town and not New Hampshire for Thanksgiving. Which works out so much better because: PIE! In VUBOQtopia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's encouraging to hear you getting excited about job applications. Good luck!

    The Pie thing sounds like loads of fun. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Y? Still? That man needs to get.a.life. With someone else. Honey, don't let him suck you into his neediness. It sounds like you're not, though. And what Anne Marie and Cleo Bluestocking say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy thanksgiving, doll!

    ReplyDelete