Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Popcorn

Good Afternoon, Kittens.

VUBOQ is major cranky, yo. I had a volunteer gig lined up for this morning. Then, I was going to toodle around the District, running errands and, perhaps, going to the NGA to see the Pompeii exhibit.

Last night, around 6, I get an email from the Volunteer Coordinator. And, guess what? They had *such* a successful turnout over the weekend that they don't need anyone to come in this week.

So, let's see ... they had volunteers come in on Saturday, who completed all the work to be done, but it took until Tuesday at Close of Business to email the Wednesday volunteers that they weren't needed? WTF?

Oh. The excuse was "we're so busy around here."

Mmhm. Well, y'know, people who volunteer also have busy lives and like to make plans. And, when they've already turned down things so they can help out, a little more advanced notice and a lot more appreciation would be nice.

How hard is it to send out an email first thing Monday morning? Not. That. Hard. It takes five minutes. Max. I can't believe it's so busy, she didn't have five minutes.

The totally sucky thing is that I *really* want to write an email expressing my displeasure in the lack of advanced notice and, perhaps, suggesting that the volunteer coordinator become a little more efficient with her time management. However, it was with an environmental organization, and I have a fear that writing a not-very-nicely-phrased email (or even a nicely phrased one) could harm my employment chances in the future. Not that I necessarily want to work at this particular organization, but word gets around.

That pretty much screwed up my plans for the day. And, then, I realized that another project I wanted to undertake today needs to be postponed for a week or two. Because there is the chance, that if I time it right, it will get Lots More Exposure. Which is a good thing.

And, let's not even talk about being stood up for lunch by a friend yesterday...

So, I did laundry. And made a likker store run. And had popcorn for lunch.


Which is a Thing That Makes Me Happy.

*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. OK, now I'm hungry for popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly5:26 PM

    {{{{{hugs}}}}} to VUBOQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's That Time Of The Month. I hate everyone, too.

    I could not agree more with the whole volunteering/cancelling thing. They figure since you're 'free' you don't deserver proper respect. Doesn't speak well for their organization.

    So fuck 'em. That's what I always say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess here is as good as any place to let you know that you've inspired me to start pottery classes. I have made a few very wobbly pieces - but I love it! The process, that is.... I am going to a small place meant for kids right now. I don't know if they have Michigan Brown, but I hope so, I made a cylindrical type of object I want to glaze in that. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete