Wednesday, October 25, 2006

When in Doubt, Go for the Pretty Label

I have returned from the likker store. I purchased 6 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of likker.

I hate buying wine, because I can never remember which ones I like and which ones I don't. In the end, I wandered around and picked ones with interesting labels or names which sounded vaguely familiar ...

Wine #1: Jabulani Merlot Cabernet (South Africa)
Wine #2: Wyndam Shiraz (Australia)
Wine #3: Yellow Tail Shiraz-Grenache (Australia)
Wine #4: 3 Blind Moose Cabernet Sauvignon (California. Where else?)
Wine #5: Black Opal Shiraz-Cabernet (Australia)
Wine #6: Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon (Washington)

And, in case you didn't know, 6 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of likker are very heavy.

3 comments:

  1. ew, all of those are dreadful. mad dog would be better for this crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booze *is* dreadfully heavy. I'm so glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wyndam shiraz is made near here. It's not brill but what do you expect for something that's AUS$8 per 4 litre cask?!

    I'm not keen on the Yellow but again, it's popular here. Restaurants sell it for about $30 per bottle, bottlos sell it for $10! But bearing in mind the difference between $8/4litre and $10/0.75 litre speaks for itself! Never tried the others. Who cares so long as they were alcoholic?

    PS. The Wyndam is "helped along" it's process by the addition of milk curdles. Yum.

    ReplyDelete