Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend o' Decadence and Debauchery

OMG. I spent so much money this weekend, and I remember waking up on Sunday morning, thinking "Whew. Next weekend, I'm going to seriously need to sleep in and relax."

Then, I realized, "Next weekend, I'll be in LONDON!" [because, as some of you may or may not know, I'm going to LONDON. For two weeks!]

So, lessee ... Friday evening, Jake came down from NYC. Terry met him in DC and they came out to Silver Spring. We ate dinner at a yummy little Thai restaurant in downtown. Then, we metroed into the District for drinks at Halo [Halo seems like a predominant theme in my weekend activities]. It was packed. Lots of fun. Lots of eye candy. Yay.

We left Halo around 11:30 or so (maybe a little earlier?), came home, and went to bed.

Saturday, we got up kind of early (like, 8:30?). I made breakfast. Jake left around 10 to meet Terry. I left about an hour later to get my hair cut and colored. Some of you may have already checked out my picture on Flickr, but here it is:

Red 4 Autumn
Red 4 Autumn

Because this photo was taken in direct sunlight, my hair looks a lot redder. I like it. Now, we'll see if redheads have more fun.

After the hair appointment, I went back home to change for going out. I met Robert, Tomoko, Terry and Jake at Alero in Dupont Circle for margaritas and liquid cheese. Yum. We only had 2 pitchers. Maybe we're getting old? Slowing down?

We decided to stop by Cobalt for a drink, but when we went in there were like 3 people there. Instead we wandered down to Halo (see what I mean?). It wasn't too crowded, but there were more than 3 people there. We sat on the sofas and chatted and drank. Tomoko's friend, Yasuko joined us later. I haven't seen her in well over a year so it was good to catch up. I'm not sure what time we left, but it was pretty early (maybe 10:30?).

I decided to go home. The rest of the group continued with bar-hopping.

Sunday -my day of finding lost things, Jake texted me about 10:30AM, and we decided to meet for lunch before he hopped the train back to NYC. As I was leaving my apartment, I found someone's co-op keys on the sidewalk. I left notes in each building with my name and phone number so the owner could call me. [So far, no one has]

Terry and Jake found me at Union Station around 1. We ate in the food court. As we were eating, I was also ogling these two very cute foreign travellers. I thought they might be German, because they were drinking beer (Becks) with their lunches. Not that other people don't drink beer with their lunches, but not many Americans do on a Sunday in a food court in a train station. They were also dressed in that "European or Gay?" style.

They finished lunch and stood up. As they were walking away, Terry said, "Oh. He left his jacket." We wondered if they were coming back, but it didn't seem like it. I saw them walking away, so I grabbed the jacket and went chasing after them. They turned a corner and disappeared. I thought maybe they went upstairs so I looked there, but didn't see them.

I started to return to Terry and Jake, thinking "Hm. At least I have a cute new jacket," but then suddenly they reappeared right in front of me. I tapped the cuter of the two on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me, but I think you left your jacket."

He looked surprised, then he recognized his jacket. He smiled, and said "Thank you."

*giggle*
*tee hee*

OMG. cutest blue eyes EVER. cutest little accented English EVER.
*swoon*

I think he might have been Dutch. I returned his jacket. We went back to his hotel room and had sex for HOURS.

Haha. I wish. Instead, I went back to our table and finished my lunch.

I left Jake and Terry at the station and went shopping near Metro Center - Banana Republic, Filene's Basement, Macy's ... I met Robert and his friend at Macy's. We ended up going back to the Banana, where I bought a fun pair of pants to take to London (I'm going to LONDON!).

Robert's friend left to check out some more stores. Robert and I went to Homo Central (H&M), and eventually ended up at Austin Grill where we consumed many margaritas and much liquid cheese. YUM.

I went home. Knitted. Made a list of all the things I need to do before my trip. Went to bed.

Meanwhile, don't forget today is Meat-Free Monday! Do your part for the environment by enjoying a meat-free meal today! *meat-free smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Cute Dutch boys always seem gay to me.

    Queso twice in one weekend?! Yay, dairy fat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your new hair, suits you.

    Just for fun to prepare for your trip, here's a site to check out.

    www.londonslang.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. last night i had the strangest dream....i was eating dinner or lunch or some meal. well into the meal i became conscious that i was eating chicken, then beef and thought i'm a vegetarian and kept on eating. that's all i remember.

    ReplyDelete