Saturday, October 21, 2006

Rainbow's End

*sigh* My vacation is over. I've had a few beers and I need to somehow shove everything I've purchased into my bag, along with all my dirty clothes and some clean ones and some, like the ones I'm wearing now, which smell of Turkish kabobs.

Today, Anne-Marie and I went to Hampstead Heath in the north of London to see views of the city and, after the rain had passed, a stunning rainbow - a fitting end to my trip.



Then, we took the train to Denise and Ian's. We were going to eat at a Vietnamese restaurant, but it was packed. We opted for the Turkish place next door. It was yummy...


Ah... drunk and happy in the big city. That's how life should be.

I'm up early tomorrow to catch my 10:30AM flight to Charlotte, where I transfer to a flight to DC National. I should be home by early evening (if all goes well ... please cross your fingers that it does). Back to work on Monday. bleah.

*many happy smooches to you all*

2 comments:

  1. Though I know you are sad to leave, we will all feel better knowing that V.U.B.O.Q. is back in the states.

    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, dear, come home to us! We miss you.

    Sorry your vacation is over, though, and that it'll be back to the ol' grindstone.

    ReplyDelete