Sunday, October 08, 2006

In London Test

Greetings.
This is a test to see if I figured out how to post by email. I thought that might be easier than logging into my account since my access to the internet may be spotty while I'm here.

The flight over was miserable - over a 2 hour delay in DC. Running through PHL to catch my "on time" flight to London (which wasn't). And then surviving turbulence. URGH.

I took the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station. Then, bought an Oyster Card (like DC's SmarTrip), hopped on the Tube [in the wrong direction] and eventually made it to Anne-Marie's.

I have a huge bruise on my knee. At some point I must have banged my suitcase. Ow.

Everything is peaches and cream here. Have caught up a lot with friends. Went out for Turkish last night. Today, we are off to either Canterbury or Hastings for the day. I guess at some point on the road we'll have to make a decision.

*smooches*

Hm ... it doesn't seem to automatically publish. What's the point in that? I guess I won't be doing this as often as I thought I could. Alas.

6 comments:

  1. Remember we will have SAM together on Monday! I and Roberto will start drinking around 5:00 PM (EST). I've sent an undercover SAM enforcement officer to London. He will be watching you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhh, you miss your readers just as much as they miss you, ain't that sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of your vacation! Have a great time, and don't forget to find yarn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having fun so far. Can't wait to hear more. I love Turkish food!


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm all about hate now.
    so. jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you realise, this is the first time since I moved to Australia that I wished I was back in the UK?

    (Actually, that's a lie. I got an sms from a friend the other day to say she'd been mugged and although she knew the offender the police were basically too scared of this guy to take any action. I wished I was back then too, I would have taken action)

    But anyhoo, glad you arrived safe and sound. I hope you didn't buy tickets for the Gatwick express? If you did you probably wasted your money, they never check them!

    Have great fun mate...

    ReplyDelete