Friday, October 13, 2006

A Room with a View

This is a view from AM's kitchen window into her lovely garden [Except it isn't, because blogger is being difficult. gah!]. Yesterday evening, I helped assemble the garden furniture. I rock! *heh*

The weather here has been stunningly beautiful recently. Yesterday, I went to Hyde Park to have a picnic. (see Flickr for two photos) I walked A LOT. I think even my blisters have blisters.

I returned home around 5, AM, Kurt, and I ordered Indian take-away. Normally I don't like Indian food, but it is infinitely tastier here in London than in DC. I don't know why that is. We had sag aloo (spinach and potatoes), chana masala (chickpeas), veg curry, something with aubergines (that would be eggplant to you 'Murcans), nan, pilau rice ... mmmm ...

AM drove me to the North Greenwich Tube station around 9. I tube'd over to Earl's Court where I met Sin. He took me to a gay pub there and we had a few drinks. He's a fun guy, with loads of interesting stories to tell. Hopefully, we'll get to meet up again while I'm here.

I rolled in around 1AM, reeking of smoke *cough* *hack* and I still feel a little congested this morning. Eh. But what can you do? People go to pubs to smoke. It made me yearn for Halo just a little bit though.

Today, I don't have much of an agenda. Around 6PM, I think I'm going to go to a men's knitting group that meets near Vauxhall. Before that? Probably a bit of wandering around.

Two little bits of info: I think I may have done something wrong with my Oyster card (electronic fare card for Tube and bus). Before meeting Sin, I added £10, bringing the total to £12.50 on my card. After 2 tube trips and a bus ride home, the total was still £12.50. I hope I didn't accidentally buy a day pass or something. That would be pissy.

Second, it looks like Bell-Ringer Mike won't be in Glasgow at all while I'm there. *sniff* I guess I will have to experience the town on my own. Apparently there is some arts festival going on there called GlasGay. I read about a play that sounded interesting and need to investigate tickets for it. I am thinking about making up a little scavenger hunt for Mike while I'm there. We'll have to see how creative I'm feeling once I get up that way.

And that's all my news on this side of the big pond. Hope you all are well.

*smooches from London*

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a fun time.

    I was born and raised in a place called Big Pond. It was weird(in a good way)to hear you describe London as such.

    Please keep up your diary, it's a great read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so had blisters on my blisters last December walking around London. You better make sure you eat enough, I am rail thin and still managed to lose 10 pounds (6' 140 when I got home) from all of it. You don't realize at the time because you are having so much fun.

    Sorry about blogger, it's been a real bitch lately with pictures.

    Speaking of which, I have to go check out your Flickr account now.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, see...the beauty of the Oyster card is that it'll never charge you more than you would pay for a full day pass in one day. So you can take like 50 trips in one day, but you'll never go above the £5.00 (or whatever it is) that a one-day pass will cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you the Indian food in UK was excellent didn't I?! ;-)

    If I'm not too late (I read these posts in order) I'm going to give you the address of the best Indian in glasgow.

    ReplyDelete