Friday, October 20, 2006

Stuck on Pause

It's 10AM and I haven't decided what I want to do today. I'm thinking of walking down the street to take a look at the Thames Barrier. Then, going to World Food Cafe, the restaurant I couldn't find last week, for a late-ish lunch. After that? Who knows ... I suppose it depends on the weather. AM and Kurt invited me out to a party tonight, but I'm not sure if I want to go. I'm feeling kinda blah. I blame the lurking dark clouds. I want to snuggle up in bed and knit all night.

Meanwhile, here's a page transcribed from my handwritten journal.

18 October 2006. 10 PM ~

So. very. tired. Stupid Glasgow hills. *ha*

Lessee ... I got to the Glasgow Film Theatre [a very cool art deco theatre near the School of Art] around 6PM and purchased my ticket. The movie [Boy Culture] was all right ... I didn't buy into a lot of it, but - it was a pleasant diversion. I like the Noah's Arc guy when he's not flaming it up like he does on Noah's Arc. The main problem I have [with the movie] is the whole having a relationship with a hustler. I guess I'm too much of a prude to ever think I could have a relationship with someone who refused to be monogamous.

After the movie, I walked back and went to grab a bite to eat. I thought of going to a nearby Russian restaurant, but in the end my slightly upset tummy wasn't feeling that. I ended up having pizza, which was good but still didn't hit the spot.

I stopped by for a pint at the hotel bar. Spoke briefly with cute Daniel ~ it's funny but he reminds me of Thomas, my Junior year (Spring semester) roommate. I think it's the tight-lipped, longish smile ...

Now, back in the room ... thought about going out, but my legs are tired and I need to make sure I'm up for breakfast and train ...

3 comments:

  1. If that's being a prude, sign me up. I mean, dating a sex worker? Please. They can date each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. go to the party! drink too much! have stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete