Friday, October 27, 2006

I Think My Stigmata is Getting Infected

Yesterday, after work, I metro'ed over to Target in super scary suburbialand, Wheaton. The Halloween decoration selection was a tad disappointing. It seemed like they were already packing it up and putting Xmas stuff out (geh).

In the end, I dropped about $60 buying supplies for the party (carving sets, plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, garbage bags for the pumpkin guts, etc. etc. etc.). I also bought Wallace and Gromit's Curse of the Were-Rabbit on DVD. It was on sale. $10. Which, if you think about it, is only 5 GBP. BARGAIN. At least, that's how I rationalized the purchase.

I got back from Target around 7:30 and spent the rest of the night cleaning and organizing. Today, I have to buy beer and party food. Fun times. I was talking to my friend, Lori, about how much I was spending on this party and she seemed taken aback [$75 so far on booze, $50 on party supplies, probably about $40-50 on food, and maybe $25 on beer]. I explained that I have two big, meaning 15 or more people, parties a year [my birthday and the pumpkin carving] and I budget for them accordingly. Besides, my friends are worth a little extra expense every now and then.

Anyway, so today, I must run to the Whole Foods to buy food. I'm being lazy and only doing snacky-type things this year: cheese/crackers, chips/salsa, hummus/pita, olives, candy ...

The rest of my weekend will be fairly eventful, too. Jake is coming down for the party and then spending the Saturday and Sunday here. I'm not sure what time he's leaving. I plan on doing lots of blobbing around the house on Saturday morning/afternoon. Jake can help or he can go do touristy things. Robert mentioned hanging out with Margot and her visiting friend [who may also be coming to the Pumpkin Carving Party] Saturday night. Maybe we'll go Halo or something.

Sunday is the DC Marine Corps Marathon. I learned that my friend, Barbara, is running it this year. Back in October 2000, when I ran the marathon*, she and her now ex-husband came out to cheer me on. They were the only two of my friends who did so. Thus, I will make sure that I will be somewhere on the marathon route to cheer for Babs. Later that night, some of her friends are having a chili party for her (and 2 other marathon runners) in Alexandria (or Arlington. I get those two places confused). I will probably show up there for a little while as well.

*whew* I'm exhausted just typing all that up. Hope everyone has a totally groovy weekend. Carve a pumpkin!

*smooches*

*I ran the marathon in 5:29:-- [can't remember the seconds], in case you wanted to know.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a Halloween party in years. Can I come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! The more, the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wasn't sure if the party was today or tomorrow this morning, so i didn't choose my "pumpkin ourfit." damn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Infected stigmata is something to offer up to heaven. Just keep the ooze out of the dip offered to your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop PICKING at it, for heaven's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curse of the Were-Rabbit?! That's class mate! You know how to appeal to us Brits. Especially putting up the price in squids!

    I've fond memories of that film.

    Ever tried making out to it and keeping a straight face while some animated character is chortling "Oh no! That wont do at all!" in a strong plummy british accent?!

    And people still say "Only you...." lol

    ReplyDelete