Thursday, April 09, 2009

OOG

Good Morning Afternoon, Kittens.

VUBOQ has had a morning. Let me tell you. I woke up at 8:30, felt a little sick (headache), met a neighbor to pick up some boxes, and, then, went back to bed for 2.5 hours.

Then, I applied for two jobs (which I won't get). Seriously, people, I'm thinking of packing it all in, moving to Oklahoma, and opening up my own pottery studio (Yamakawa Studios). This job hunting thing is ridiculous.

On the bright side, tonight is the long-awaited Full Moon Hike at the National Arboretum. It's a five-mile hike through the Arboretum grounds. I've been trying for over a year to get tickets (it sells out quickly). And the weather looks like it's going to be good! Hurrah!

And, finally, the 10% Refund Challenge deadline is Fast Approaching! And the total is Growing! We're almost to $2000! Which is Fantastic! And, now, a moment you've all been waiting for (I'm sure) ... the announcement of the Second Place Prize ...

*drum roll*

It's my copy of the Worst Gay Novel Ever Written: Third & Heaven by Ben Patrick Johnson!

I'll even leave the page marked where I had to stop reading. Will you be able to read past page 109? Here's a short excerpt from page 109 to pique your interest:

She wears a short denim skirt with a leather motorcycle jacket over a thermal shirt silk-screened with a yoga symbol. She is overly tanned and overly blond. Her breasts are bulbous and look rubbery, as do her lips and the pointy tip of her nose. On her feet are wedge-soled tennis shoes with glittered vinyl uppers. If she were standing on Sunset Boulevard instead of Third Street, Ritchie thinks, she might be mistaken for a hooker. Here, she is just one of a thousand aspiring actresses, never quite successful, clinging by her acrylic nails to youth and possibility, each angry at God for allowing her to age.
*retch*

Have a great day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. What's first prize again? Because after that little excerpt from second prize, I'm going to have to go with the racing adage "If you ain't first, you're last." So if I am the second place winner, please draw another name out of the hat. PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Liz: First Prize will be announced in a few days (or next week). Here's a hint though: It will more than likely be something that starts with "P" and rhymes with "rottery."

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly2:08 PM

    I suggest using that book for a charcoal grill or fireplace starter.

    what a piece of dreck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the kind of prose that became fascinated with itself, droning on and on with more and more descriptive detail in a desperate effort to prove itself brilliant. It wanted to be epic, precise, expansive, timely; but instead, it made the second place winner feel like second was really the first to come in last.

    Word verification: Purnerad, which sounds like a description of that passage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't move to Oklahoma. Srsly.

    But if you do, move to the Tulsa area so I'll have an excuse to visit my family.

    ReplyDelete