Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Of Cabbages and Kings

Good Morning, Kittens.

Yesterday was certainly a full one for me ... I went to the EPA's Office of Water's Job Fair, hence the suit and tie. It was fine. They had on-site interviewing; however, you still have to go through the whole government job application process (which can take forever). Plus, they probably had over 400 people showing up for about 20-30 jobs ... of which, I am qualified for only a handful. *durgh* Job hunting sucks.

I got home around noon, had lunch, and jetted off to the pottery studio where I threw these:

0421091601.jpg

The vase on the right is interesting, I think. The other one will probably become a mug.

Once home, I finally got around to tallying the 10% Refund Challenge. According to my records, 18 people donated a Grand Total of $2633! Hurrah. And the Grand Prize Winner (of some yet-to-be-determined pottery) is Carolyn. The Second Prize (the Worst Gay Novel Ever Written) goes to Nic the German! Congratulations, and thanks to everyone who participated!

*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. You look way too adorable in the tie. You also might consider putting something in your pottery photos for scale. That thing you said might end up a mug? I thought it was about the size of a soup tureen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I like the narrow necked vase.

    You look snazzy in a tie. Hmmm. Snazzy is my mother's word. What will become of me?? Am I fated to become my mother? Woe!

    Good luck on the jobs, Vuboq

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri12:29 PM

    You look handsome, VUBOQ!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So why IS the sea boiling hot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what about the pigs with wings? Srsly - one handsome dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly3:59 PM

    VUBOQ rocks the job market!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very handsome! The pottery is nice also. :)

    ReplyDelete