Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Endangered Species

Good Morning, Kittens.

What you are looking at through sleep-wearied eyes is an exciting discovery I made yesterday! Look closely and I think you will agree that this is the first photographic evidence in Quite Some Time of the endangered species, Arborus sockii, subspecies ilexliveinsii. I spotted this notoriously shy species on my walk home from pottery class. In fact, although it is quite difficult to distinguish between males and the females, I believe I have photographed this pair in the midst of their complicated mating ritual!

Oh, how I wish I had had a video camera so you could see the way the male displayed his stripes so lasciviously. And, the female was obviously aroused by the male aroma, which -to me- smelled a lot like week-old gym socks ... but, to each their own, right?

Maybe this couple will produce viable offspring, and College Park will become home to a new family of Holly-dwelling Tree Socks!

In other almost as exciting news, here is what I threw in pottery class yesterday:

Spr09 Set 5

It's a gobletlikething and a bowlylikething. *w00t* I also glazed my little teapot, short and stout.

I came home and, thinking a margarita would be nice, I attempted to open my bottle of Blue Curacao. Now, I have had that bottle for over three years (I bought it to make red, white, and blue drinks for Independence Day) and for most of that time, the lid has been crusted closed. I haven't been able to open it no matter how hard I tried. Yesterday, the lid came off like it was a brand new bottle. Which could only mean one thing:

GOD HIMSELF WANTED ME TO HAVE A BLUE MARGARITA!

I *heart* divine intervention.

Later, I met CNTBD at the Quarry House for many, many beers and food. It was fun.

Today, I must continue to make my place Mom Clean. Then, I'm heading to the studio again. At some point, I must also find some job to apply for ... If I haven't mentioned it, although not having a job is kind of cool and I have all sort of free time to do fun things, not having money is kind of sucky. Why can't I win the lottery? WHY?

Have a great day! *smooches*

9 comments:

  1. When you say the curaçao bottle was crusted closed, I'm assuming you mean with sugary, likkery, crusty goodness, which makes me wonder if in that three year period you ever tried running it under really hot water for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also wondering if you're sending me anything for my birthday tomorrow, seeing as it's one of those millstone ones. Or is that milestone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue margaritas sound like an abomination. There can be only one margarita, and it has a lime-green tint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel beat me to it. Hot water. Good for lids to syrup bottles as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel: I will be sending you Good Wishes, b/c that's about all I can afford right now.

    GayProf: Are you questioning the Will of GOD?!?!

    David (and Mel): Hot Water Schmot Water. I'm choosing to believe in a Miracle! From GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go to the ABC store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go with the Divine Intervention thing myself, because the gods truly work in mysterious ways, especially when it comes to blue margaritas. As for 'Mom Clean'? Ugh. I don't think I've been able to hit that level in YEARS. Generally 'Mom Clean' consists of convincing Mom that she'd rather stay in a hotel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. rn terri2:37 PM

    Definite sign of God....

    ReplyDelete
  9. anne marie in philly9:19 PM

    ummmmmm, alcohol.....

    ReplyDelete