Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Hard Rain is Gonna Fall

Good Morning, Kittens!

At last, the heat of the past few days has broken. Cool cool rain is falling. Washing away the dusting of yellow tree spooge off the cars and sidewalks. Hurrah.

Yesterday, I tried to write my EPA essays but was getting nowhere. So, I threw in the towel and ventured forth unto the pottery studio. The mug pictured is intended for a very special (and generous!) blog reader who told me she likes purple (this is as close to purple as we can get with the glaze options we have). At some point it will be winging its way to Philadelphia via USPS.

Pottery class is winding down. Only about 2 more weeks left. Soon I will be overrun with crap to give away. Yesterday, I threw a mug and a cup. I trimmed two vases and a bowl. And I glazed a vase and two Very Special Secret Surprise Gifts. So exciting. I hope they turn out!

There is some bad news though. The UMD Arts & Learning Center won't be offering pottery this summer *sad face*. Which means, I have to find a new place to take it. My Fabulous Instructor will be teaching an 8 week course in Greenbelt ... but that is very hard to get to via public transportation. I am trying to convince some car-owning friends to take the course with me. The DC option of Hinckley Pottery is too expensive ($300. Gah!). K-Factor suggested looking at some other community centers to see what they offer. Hopefully, I can find something. Unemployment without Pottery isn't worth doing!

Anywayz ... after returning home from pottery, I buckled down and wrote my essays! Today, I will proofread them, make a few cosmetic changes, and finish my applications (including faxing my transcripts).

Other plans for today include: cleaning, laundry, and watching Goal 2: Living the Dream with K-Factor! suh-weet.

Have a great day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if your instructor would give you a ride, if you could get to his abode on the pt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:39 AM

    Good idea, pacalaga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transcripts?!? After being gainfully employed at someplace slightly more upscale than Arby's, potential employers still want to see transcripts? Sheesh. Even when I was looking for 'real' (i.e. non-university work) all I had to do was bring my CV and at worst show the Ph.D..... NOBODY actually wanted to see transcripts. Eeesh. (But I do agree about the pottery class - where's the fun in unemployment without pottery class?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is the class? Also, is Glen Echo accesible by Metro?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh is the sound of essays already written. Phew.

    ReplyDelete