Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Update: Anyone Want a Glass of Wine Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

It's the Best Day of the Year Eve! How are you going to spend it? Getting all those Cards Stuffed with Cash to the overnight courier service, I hope!

Last night, I was talking to K-Factor about the Best Day of the Year, when I realized that GAH! My passport will expire this year. For your viewing pleasure, I have photographed my very first passport (at age 19) and my second passport (at age 29). Enjoy the glory that is VUBOQ without a receding hairline and massive teh eye wrinklez.

My weekend was chock full of fun and excitement. Friday night, I went to a dinner party at the Del Merei Grille in Alexandria, Virginia. We were celebrating Kristen's return to the area after leaving in Washington and Florida for about 2 years.

Saturday morning, I had to clean. And, then, I cleaned a little more. And, then, I cleaned. And, then, I relaxed until the my Superfabulous Birthday Party. The party was a wine-tasting. Everyone brought a bottle of wine and a hunk ... of cheese. The wine was masked (in SuperCute StickSteven Paper Bags). Throughout the evening, we tasted each wine and gave it a score between 1 and 10. Later, as K-Factor and Jeff tabulated the results, I brought out a yummy pineapple citrus champagne punch. And, we ate cake.

Unfortunately, the cake, although delicious, was not a Mike Creation. *sad face* He had made a cake for me in the shape of a wine bottle, but -for some reason- it started to lean and he couldn't transport it. I'm going over there tonight to taste my cake. Yay!

The last guests left around 1:15. I stayed up until around 3 doing the dishes and putting everythng away. Pictures from the party are here.

Sunday. Very. Hungover. Sofa blobbing. All day long. Around 7, K-Factor came down for leftover cheese and to help me start finishing off the approximately 50 million opened bottles of wine in my fridge.

Today, I'll be working on some government job essays. Oh, the joy! Have a great Best Day of the Year Eve!

*smooches*

9 comments:

  1. Happy, happy, babay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri11:20 AM

    Looks like you had a great pre-party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive eye-wrinkles mean that you've lived an exciting and happy life (that's why they call them "laugh lines").

    Happy Birthday eve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. anne marie in philly11:52 AM

    you MUST take a pix of mike's cake before you cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Best Day of the Year Eve! (And while I've found the Envelopes, I seem to be unable to find teh Cash at the moment. :( I'll keep you updated.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutie pie. Lookit those passport pix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are still a cutie-sweetie. I can't send cash but...maybe a little sumthin'. You make me laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. anne marie in philly8:04 PM

    VUBOQ says: "thinks licorice jelly beans are Creations of the Devil" - they most certainly are NOT! you just have to like licorice (which I do).

    when I was a little squirt, that's the only kind of jelly beans I wanted in my basket. and lime jelly beans. you can keep the rest!

    I can't help it, my ancestors on my father's side are from england!

    ReplyDelete