Friday, March 20, 2009

Better-ish

Good Morning, Kittens!

After spending most of the day on the sofa plus a long-winding walk to the Whole Foods (and Likker Store), I am feeling a bit better. I hope it is not the Just Woke Up After Boatloads of Sleep-type of Feel Better.

I still have 47 Gabillion canker sores, which are still making eating a bit of chore (but on the plus side of that, I bet I've lost that extra pound I was packing over the holidays!).

VUBOQ's Guide to Losing Weight: Don't Eat! Woo hoo!

So, last night, I actually followed a recipe (I know! Shocking!) in How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman. I made Glazed Carrot Soup with Garlic, Tequila, and Lime.

Here it is cooking:


And here's the final product:


Final Result: DELICIOUS ... although 1/4 cup lime juice was a bit too much for my 47 Gabillion canker sores. Le Ow!

This weekend, I don't have too much on the agenda ... Dinner on Sunday. And that's about it. I'm sure more excitement will develop as the day progresses and my thousands of friends call to invite me to do things.

Have a Happy Sunny Day! *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Everything tastes better with tequila -- even canker sores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try lysine for the canker sores. My kid's get them all the time. Also, cut out the citrus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bossy is always comforted by the wine glass stem in the background. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting looking soup!

    I used to have canker sores like crazy as a kid and up until my early 20s. Hellish indeed.

    Unfortunately apart from heavily medicating yourself (hehe) for a couple weeks there isn't anything you can do, just wait them out.

    *GIANT HUG*

    ReplyDelete