Friday, March 06, 2009

Another Week Down

Good Morning, Kittens!

Yesterday, I spent most of the day pretending that I'm not unemployed and have unlimited funds! Hurrah!

I met CNTBD for lunch at Fado, an Irish pub in Chinatown (*heh*). I had many beers and some sort of vegetable quesadilla, in which the "tortillas" were potato based.

Then, I went to the pottery studio. I threw the two Proto-Mugs pictured. I'm pleased with how they are looking right now. We shall see ... which brings me to something I've been thinking about: Pottery Sales.

Even though I have been known to exchange a piece of pottery or two for goods of equal value (like gin and/or lunch), I tend to give away most of my pots rather than sell them. Why is that? Mainly, I am concerned that if I start selling my pottery, the making of the pottery will become a "job" and stop being fun. And, right now, I need moments of fun more than I need money. At the end of the session, I usually end up with more stuff than I know what to do with and the Great Pottery Giveaway begins. Stay tuned for that.

After returning home from the studio, I entertained myself by looking at netbooks (y'know, the SuperTiny and SuperCute little laptops). I'm thinking about buying myself one for my birthday (b/c, y'know, that is rapidly approaching). I liked this one. But I also liked this one. I don't need a huge hard drive, because I will only use the netbook for surfing the intartubez and word processing. What do you think?

I feel the need to start writing short stories again. And, I think, having a little netbook will help with that (because I do most of my thinking when I'm in transit).

Busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow evening, I'm having a few friends over for a mini FilmFest. I'm making vegetarian chili. And, Sunday, I'm meeting CNTBD and Mike (not the One Who Makes Cakes, but the One Who Lived in Glasgow) for dinner at Mandalay (mmmm. Burmese food). I thought CNTBD and Mike would like to talk since they are both History People with an interest in Boats (among other things).

Today, I have to clean, shop, and apply for one more job for the week. Augh! And keep my fingers crossed that Craig picks my entry as his contest winner!

Have a great day! *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. I am a history person. Why wasn't I invited?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as long as CNTBD and Mike don't like each other TOO much.

    I say put photos of the pottery on eBay and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri11:33 AM

    My daughter really wants the pink one. (netbook) Too cute. She is saving up for it. I can see what you are saying about your pottery, but it looks really fabulous.

    Sign me up for your give away.... ;-). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. etsy.com is a potential outlet for selling pottery. But before you sell everything (or give it all away...); I'd like to commission something - a vase-y/mug-y sort of thing. Doesn't need a handle, as I'm going to use it for holding pens, scissors, reading glasses (I use them for needlepoint, I'm not THAT old yet), etc. And blue would be a nice color, but I'm really not picky; I'd rather leave it up to your creative instincts. I'm serious. Gary's sick of me stealing his coffee mugs (and they're too small to hold my stuff anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would pay for your stuff. I tried, once upon a time, but you wouldn't let me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marve2:18 PM

    You don't have to think of it as your job--think of it as free money that is a bonus side effect of having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete