Monday, March 02, 2009

Weekend Update: What? You Were Expecting Snow Pix Edition

Good morning, Kittens! I'm sure I'll be posting some snow pix later on in the day (since I have nothing better to do with my time), but I thought you'd like to be greeted this morning the same way I was on Sunday morning.

<-- by this.

Anyway, the weekend was fun. Friday night, after having a few glass of pre-party wine with SCGB, we went to one of the neighbor's for Game Night and take-out Chinese. I played Settlers of Catan for the first time ever ... and totally. kicked. ass. I rock the Stratergery Games! Go me!

Saturday morning? Slightly overhung. *oog*

In the afternoon, I met Mike (He Who Bakes teh Cakes) at Takoma Park Metro Station and we went to the Takoma Park Film Festival, which one of my neighbors organizes. It was fun. The session we went to was themed around "Consumption." So there was a documentary about obesity, one about a bicycle co-op, and one about Stuff (which was a good introduction to some complicated issue, but I found it to be somewhat simplistic and exaggerated).

Afterwards, Mike and I went for coffee/tea and a quick bite at Mark's Kitchen. YUM.

I walked Mike back to the station and, then, headed over to CNTBD's house, which is in easy walking distance from there. We had cocktails and fun conversation, while CNTBD made a delicious dinner of salad and vegetable quiche. OMG. So delicious. Then, there was a boozy dessert. Then, there was QNT*.

In the morning, he drove me home. I showered, put on my pajamas, and blobbed all day. On the bright side, I did finish knitting the second sleeve on the Never-Ending Cardigan of Doom ... which means I'm Practically Finished (if one defines "practically" as "not hardly"). Tomokito came down. K-factor stopped by. We had wine and snacks and fun chat.

All in all, a good weekend. I'm concerned that my pottery class is going to be cancelled tonight. I guess if the university closes it will be. I'll have to check the news in a bit to see if it is. *sad face*

On the bright side, if the government closes, I may have an impromptu Doctor Zhivago Party! Teh FUNZ!

Have a great day! *smooches*

*Quality Nekkid Time

5 comments:

  1. No snow here today. The world is upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you will show us the neverendingcardiganofdoom when it's completed@

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed that you tend to finally finish things that you knit. I wonder how appropriate that neverendingcardiganofdoom nomenclature is. Maybe it's the takesalongtimetofinishcardiganofdoom. Eh, doesn't seem to have the same ring to it.

    I'm always a big fan of QNT. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real men make vegetable quiche for their sweeties. Bossy loves him already, but maybe loves the pooch more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But why would you want to "deny other players access to essential resources" in that Catan game? Don't you think it would be better if all the players worked together (with responsible procreative goals) to create a healthful, nourishing garden, planted with wholesome fruits and vegetables and juniper berries and kittens and fairies and unicorns?

    ReplyDelete