Tuesday, February 24, 2009

When We Were Young

Good Morning, Kittens!

It's a bright sunshiny day out there (but coooooooooooooold). At some point, I need to venture forth unto the bank, Whole Foods, and likker store (I iz almost out of GINZ!), but it won't be today unless it gets a bit warmer.

Yesterday was mostly a wash. I scoured several job sites with no luck. Bah. On the bright side, I did manage to set up a simple spreadsheet to keep track of participants and donations made in the 10% Refund Challenge. Are you participating? [Visit the Facebook Event page here.] Have you made your donations yet? When you do, please let me know. Really, it's just resume fodder so I can be all "organized a fund-raising event which donated X dollars to Y organizations." Well, it's resume fodder ... and a whole heap of dogooderyness. I *heart* dogooderyness!

Also, pottery class was mostly successful. Even though I didn't throw any new pots, I trimmed the two vases and 3 mugs I made last week. Plus, I pulled handles for the mugs. I am a bit concerned about the handles though. They got too dry and I think I may not have attached them properly. We shall see ...

Finally, for those of you who are not on Facebook, I recently uploaded a batch of photos from days gone by ... here are two of them:

This pic is from December 1991 (I think) ... My friend, Donna, invited me as her date to the Phi Mu Christmas Formal. This is before we left. The after pictures were probably not as pretty.


And, this is from Japan. The date is March 1996, which means my first year of teaching is almost over. I think by this time I had already found a job with a Much Better school, which would explain my totally relaxed look (as would the fact that (a) we were singing karaoke, which means (b) we were trashed). Also in the pic (from left to right): Gwen, who I believe now lives in Vegas; Christina, who is working somewhere in the Middle East the last I heard; and Patty, who lives in Georgia. My guess is we were singing Bon Jovi.

Have a great day! *smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Super cute pix! Love the one of you in Japan. Shoot me an email and I'll give you my "real" name for Facebook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those pics suggest that your coming out might not have been a big surprise. I am not sayin', I am just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete