Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Force You To Look at My Pottery

Good Afternoon, Kittens!

I'm back from the pottery studio with a few pictures Just. For. You. Now, don't you feel special?

These would be the two vases I threw on Monday night. I think the taller, narrower one is approx. 8 inches tall. If it turns out the way I want, it will be my new knitting needle vase.

And, I threw these today. I think they will become mugs ... even though they might be a little large. They should shrink some after firing and glazing. But, people like big mugs, right?

OK. The end. You can return to your regularly scheduled evening plans now.

*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. rn terri8:15 PM

    I prefer bigger mugs. Nice pottery projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail to get a guffaw out of Bossy. And that's just your post titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly10:16 PM

    I like big mugs too!

    the knitting needle vase looks kewl...wonder what color it will be...

    mr. rogers always tells me I'm special!

    nighty-night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pottery! It's gorgeous! Do you sell it anywhere? Etsy, maybe? I would love to purchase an original VUBOQ!!!

    Have you ever seen raku pottery? I have a few pieces, acquired over the years at local craft fairs, and it's some of my favorite stuff. The glazes are just so... I don't know. They're amazingly beautiful and subtle and complex and raw and elemental.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big mugs are good. I can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big mugs = more coffee, which is always a good thing.

    You know, without all of the glazin, the shape and craft of the pots really stands out, and they are even more lovely.

    ReplyDelete