Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Life is Full of teh Boring

Good Morning, Kittens!

I'm afraid there's not much to report.

Last night was the first meeting with the new Board. For those of you who don't know, I live in a housing co-op. I was nominated to act as President. Woo hoo. Teh Power. I haz it. I will also serve as the liaison between the Board and the management company. Oh, what fun.

I also finished reading Second Nature by Michael Pollan. Good book. I liked his idea that a lot of what we consider to be "wilderness" are not truly wild places and need to be "gardened" (meaning "carefully managed"). For example, the huge wildfires that happened in Yellowstone years ago were a result of letting the park alone. However, had the park been treated like a garden, perhaps the wildfires would not have been so destructive. The last few chapters felt a little weak. Overall, it was an entertaining and informative read. Next up: The Children of Men by PD James.

Today, I will be doing a bit of grocery shopping and some laundry. And, the weather is gorgeous, so I might strap on the blades and go for a stroll. Another video perhaps?

*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. The wildfire issue is so confusing. I've read/heard that our tampering with forests has made them more vulnerable to major fires. But if we tended them more, the fires wouldn't be as bad. And fires are a natural part of the cycle and are good for the long-term health of the forest. So really we just shouldn't develop around and inhabit them and let them do their thing.

    (Or did I just make all that up? I think I do that sometimes, but I may be making that up too. It's hard to remember what I know and what I've imagined.)

    I'll have to read this book.

    Yes, another video, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly5:41 PM

    cripes, your life is as boring as mine is!

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete