Monday, February 09, 2009

Weekend Update: V for Vuboq Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

How was the weekend? Did you have Big Big Fun Fun? I'm sure you did, because Kittens always do!

<-- This picture is me as a SuperHero, via Puntabulous (via Chris via Java via the World). Brown and Pink is So Hot (Right, Goblinbox?)!

I guess you are wondering about my weekend, eh? Well ... my Friday dinner date went v. well, and -now that it's over- I can share the menu. We started with a ThrowBack to the 90s Salad: Mixed greens, blue cheese, pears, and pecans with a simple vinaigrette. Then, we had butternut squash ravioli (which I did *not* make from scratch) with a pecan cream sauce (which I did (and I actually followed a recipe (from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian))). The sauce was Delicious. Like OMG Yum. Mmmm... For dessert, we had a Kumquat-Infused Vodka Cordial. It was a very filling meal.

Saturday, I had a lovely lunch with Ms. Eight Lives Left. We went to El Golfo. I had spinach enchiladas and many many margaritas (ok. two margaritas. whatevs). After lunch, I was planning on taking a nap, but ended up playing Death Croquet in the park with a neighbor. Then, we had cocktails and watched some TV. Then, I took a nap (hurrah!).

Later, I had dinner and LOTS of kumquat-infused vodka with DUN and DUN's SuperCuteBoyFriend and SCGB and a friend of DUN's SuperCuteBoyFriend. I didn't go to bed until Very Late. And, I slept in Sunday morning. Yayz!

I had planned to go rollerblading in the park on Sunday; however, I got totally caught up in a knitting project and I knat all day long. I made an Itty Bitty Baby Hat for Baby Hana. I hope it's not too small:

0208092014.jpg

I think it's totally cute! But, I didn't get anything else done the entire day. Oh, well, it's not like I have to go to work or anything.
UPDATE:
Cutest Hat Model EVER!

Have a Great Day! *smooches*

ps. Recently, I learned that Random Capitalization really annoys lots of people, so I'm trying to use it More Often! What do you Think?
pps. Look! A new blog: Can I Get a Degree with that Soy Latte? Check it out!

11 comments:

  1. OMG, that hat is so cute it makes me want to have another baby.

    xoxo, SG

    PS: My vase was just in the flicker headline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a superhero looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops -- That was supposed to be "looks good on you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat! And it looks like it fits perfectly - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As if the hat itself wasn't bad enough, Hana wearing the hat is uterus wrenching.

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hana looks like she loves the hat, too. Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. anne marie in philly6:12 PM

    happy baby = happy VUBOQ!

    random capitals don't bother me BUT that is why I never read any of the "winnie the pooh" books cause it DID annoy me. I am all grown up now, so...

    YAYZ for good times with friends! and booze!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rn terri12:58 PM

    That hat is adorable! So is the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Random Capitalization is a Good idea. It lends Emphasis to a Written conversation Which is lacking Because there is No other kind of Non-Verbal conversation available.

    gorgeous baby!! Are they all having fun doing that New Baby thing? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Love the Super Hero look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah--so I'm kinda late commenting . . . but when am I *not* late with stuff?

    CUTE BABY! Omigosh--I would have to say that she's *so* cute that it's a tie between her and my granddaughter : ) And the hat's perfect : )

    ReplyDelete