Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Update: Sugar Overload Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

Although my weekend didn't start out so well, it ended on a SugarHigh Note!

Friday, after much internal dithering, I decided to go to the pottery studio. Unfortunately, I was totally unproductive. My first pot was a disaster. And, as I was finishing my second pot, my finger caught it and it was destroyed. Alas. I shoved the blobby clay bits back in my bag with hopes that next time will be better. Once home, I made a martini, and a bite to eat, and watched DVDs all night. Aaaaah ... so much better.

Saturday, I met Dana and the Skankified Ho and Carolyn for margaritas. It was so much fun. We drank. We ate. We had SuperBig Laughs. Such a good time.

Later that night, CNTBD came over. He had had an unpleasant few days, so we chilled with a bottle of wine and a couple of episodes of Melrose Place. MP makes everything better. Srsly.(There was also some Quality Nekkid Time, but I don't believe I should be blogging about that!).

On Sunday, my upstairs neighbor, K-Factor, and I went over to CNTBD's house for a baking party! I made some rice balls (onigiri) for snacking and brought a bottle of prosecco (for drinking). While there, I made Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes with a chocolate glaze. K-Factor made chocolate chocolate chocolate chip cookies. And, CNTBD made molasses cookies. OMG. so much fun. so delicious. I think I am still a bit high on all the sugar ...

Here are some fun photos:

K-Factor Makes Teh Cookiez

CNTBD and H

This picture totally cracks me up ...


Mmmm. Frosting.


And, that would be my weekend. I will be uploading a few more pix to flickr later in the day. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: The Flickr Set is here!

*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Frosting must not be wasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to lick the counter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure this is frosting?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rn terri11:08 AM

    CNTBD is CUTE! I could totally live on frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, a delicious finish to a disappointing week!

    I've spent the weekend in a vanilla-induced stupor. My husband, the Pied Piper of Sensual Pleasures, has gotten into making exotic liqueurs. We ordered a POUND of vanilla beans (for the unbelievable price of $20! $20! $20!) and a gram of fine saffron, and they arrived on Friday and he promptly steeped a LOT of both of them in bottles filled with fine spirits. Oh my my my, you cannot begin to imagine a Cuba Libre made with this stuff.

    If you're interested in a great cheap source of vanilla beans, let me know... I can hook ya up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your balls...I mean, your rice balls in the flickr set. They look delicious, as does all the sweets. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. anne marie in philly7:23 PM

    silly VUBOQ! frosting is for kids! kids over 30 that is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bossy. Is. Missing. All. The. Fun. Sorry, were you saying something about sugar?

    AS IF, SWEETS ARE BOSSY'S FAVORITE FAVORITE!!!!

    ReplyDelete