Friday, February 06, 2009

Good Morning, Kittens.

Oh, the best laid plans of mice and men ... they get gang aft a'gleyed all over the place.

Carolyn and I decided that it was too cold to go out for happy hour drinks. Instead, I invited her over for wine and leftover soup. Unfortunately, she got off work late and, then, had a crappy commute. Plus, she was a little tired from a work trip in AZ. So, my happy reunion with Carolyn was cancelled. Wah. We did have a good nearly hour-long phone conversation though.

Of course, because my friends have this amazing ability to sense when I have already made plans, I received two invites to do other things, which I turned down: a free ticket to the symphony and a dinner/drinks gathering at Nellie's. *sigh*

I ended up staying in, eating leftover soup (yum!), drinking wine, and watching Season 1 of Rick & Steve (the Happiest Gay Couple in the World). It was cute. And sometimes funny.

Lessee ... tonight, I'm cooking dinner for [Clever Nickname TBD] at his place (because he has a Fantastic Kitchen). I would tell you what I'm making, but he sometimes reads the blog and I want it to be a surprise. I will tell you this: It involves nuts and cream.

Pervy Monkeys!

Tomorrow, I am *finally* having lunch with Ms. Eight Lives Left, who is venturing forth into the wilds of Suburban Maryland to pick up a piece of pottery she won in a contest (or something ... it's been so long I don't remember the why or the how).

And, that would be all the plans I have for the weekend (so far).

Speaking of weekends, since [Clever Nickname TBD] will (possibly) be out of town next weekend, I am thinking of reviving the Lonely Loser Valentine's Day Dinner Club. In graduate school, I would get a group of single friends together and we would reserve a big table at a local Thai restaurant for Valentine's Day dinner. And, then, we would get Very Drunk and Very Loud and all the Happy Couples (and some Not-So-Happy Couples) would give us Evil Looks. It was a Blast! Given the current economic situation, perhaps a potluck at my place this year? Would any of you Lonely Losers care to join me? Let me know, and -if it happens- I'll email you.

*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. I think new guy's acronym has evolved spontaneously: CNTBD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like David's idea. CNTBD

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you going to have dinner with Nanny Garcia who would venture from the wild suburbs of Northern Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to read Nanny Garcia's report on dinner with VUBOQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only read the first line. Funny, I just titled my essay for admission to the Steinbeck Institute for teachers this summer in CA "The Best Laid Plans..."

    I am 100% positive you will have a more eventful and fun weekend than we will...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pervy Monkeys indeed. Hahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete