Friday, February 27, 2009

A Visit to the Botanical Gardens ... and Lunch!

Good Morning, Kittens.

I had lunch yesterday with the lovely Ms. Clio Bluestockingtales. I will not post the photo I took of Ms. Clio Bluestockingtales, because it looks like there is an umbrella sprouting out of her head. We went to Sette. I had cheese pizza. And salad. And wine! Mmm ... wine ...

Afterwards, Ms. CBT went to the Freer/Sackler Galleries, and I wandered off towards the US Botanical Gardens.

On the way, I found Uranus (I'll bet you didn't even know you had lost it, Trampy McTramperson!):

Uranus is Here

The US Botanical Gardens is full of teh flowerz:

DaffodilsPurple PlantRed Plant Up CloseOrchidy Orchidson

And cacti:

Blooming Cactus

And all sorts of deliciousness ...

Hmmmm...

NOM!

Nom

And, this is what happens when skin which has not seen the sun for MONTHS sees the sun:

Alabaster Skin + Sunlight

Then, I wandered around the Reflecting Pool, watching the Sea Pigeons until I decided to come home.

The rest of the pix are here.

Today, I must apply to many many jobs, so that I can have a SuperFun Weekend!

*smooches*

9 comments:

  1. Why, Mr. VUBOQ, you are fair glowing in that photo, and I never realized your glasses are blue.

    Also, Tax Man finally came through, and my donations have been made - Seva Foundation, York Center for Wildlife (whom I often cheerlead for on my own little blog), and Medical Students for Choice.

    My verification word, funnily enough, is "paywe".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty flowers! Yummy lunch!

    An umbrella sprouting out of my head? No wonder I have a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly11:55 AM

    I needed that dose of bee-you-tee-ful flowers today; thanks, VUBOQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rn terri12:19 PM

    Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember flowers -- vaguely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I come to your blog you're doing something fantastic like having lunch with friends or cocktails (a lot : ) or going to a museum or lecture or the botanical gardens. My life pales by comparison.

    I'm going to drown my drab sorrows in a vat of frozen yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bossy couldn't hear you after Uranus. Were you saying something about flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet cheeks, my skin ALWAYS looks like that, for I have red hair and freckles. Even in the height of summer, I nearly glow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ze fleurs are purty. Especially that electric blue and purple number.

    ReplyDelete