Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Super Day

Good Sunday Afternoon, Kittens.

Here is a conversation between myself and SCGB last night:

SCGB: Are you going to watch the game tomorrow?
V: What game?

Apparently, there is some moderately important football game happening today. Who knew?

BUT, I have Bigger and More Important Things to Discuss, because today is the launch of the

2nd Annual 10% Refund Challenge!

Last year, my wonderful readers and friends donated over $1000 to various charities.
My goal this year is for Even More People to donate Even More Money to Even More Charities!

The rules are simple. Pledge to donate 10% of your tax refund to the charity (or charities) of your choice.

By doing so, you will be entered into a random drawing to Win Fabulous (tbd) Prizes!
Like pottery!
Or infused vodka!

But, wait, there's more!

To double your chances of winning, donate to one (or all) of the following organizations:

Food and Friends
Medical Students for Choice
Theater for a New Audience
Washington Animal Rescue League

Hm? What's that you say? You aren't getting a refund this year?
Awwww ...
*sad face*

Cheer Up, Buttercup! You can still participate by making a donation of any amount to any charity you choose.

The Prize Drawing will be held on April 15th.

Leave a comment here or on the Facebook Event Page I've created.
Let me know you're playing.
You don't have to say how much or to what organization (unless you want).
For my records, I would appreciate that information in a private email/message though.

Have a Super Day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. I think that I should be able to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I joined on Facebook and invited my friends. I prob won't get a refund, though, so I'll donate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, it said I was commenting as my future son-in-law who must have used my computer. It's really me: ellenville-ellenac6.blogspot.com (the history of...) future son-in-law won't even file taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anne marie in philly8:22 PM

    ah, thank you for another way to participate, you dear sweet man!

    I can't tell you when was the last time I received a refund from the IRS.

    have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My refund is dinky dinky dinky this year and I'm still ungigged. But I'm in. The drawing is two and a half months away though, so I imagine by that time I will have donated my entire refund somewhere(s).

    ReplyDelete