Sunday, September 28, 2008

Things That Make You Go Hmm.

Have you ever read a book which you thought was really interesting/thought-provoking, but then come across a line which made you question all of that?

Well, it happened to me this weekend.

I was reading Power to the People: How the Coming Energy Revolution Will Transform an Industry, Change Our Lives, and Maybe Even Save the Planet by Vijay V. Vaitheeswaran. It's an older book (published in 2004), but some of the ideas presented are still relevant: fuel-cell technology, energy deregulation, etc. I thought a lot of what the author was arguing made a lot of sense ... until, towards the end of the book, I read this:

"And while none of this fancy technology will change the locations on the planet where God put petroleum, it should certainly debunk the claims of those that insist that the world is about to start running out of oil."

Um. What?

And, now, for me at least, the book is ruined. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Nah, don't throw the baby out with the bath oil beads, dear. I suspect that, even though this lowers your opinion of Mr. VVV, he still makes some valid points. Not this one, obviously, but others.

    ReplyDelete