Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Special Sense of Humor

"Aren't you going to wish me a happy holiday," Y IM'ed me as soon as I logged in yesterday morning.
"Um. No," I thought. "Is it inappropriate to wish people a Happy Jew Year?" I asked.
"Not if they aren't accustomed to your uh.. special sense of humor, as I painfully am," he responded.

Special sense of humor? What on earth does that mean?
Doesn't everyone think I am wickedly funny?

I usuallly find my life funny. Even now, amidst the drama, the unemployment angst, the relationship crumbled around my feet, things make me laugh. Almost every day.

Like the guy who initiated a brief message exchange while I was cruising for sex looking for dates, who wrote, "You look great."
And I wrote back, "Thank you very much. I credit botox and plastic surgery. ;-) [oh, and good lighting and camera angles]."

And that was the end of that little exchange.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have written that if he didn't have "I'm looking for a white guy who is in shape, under 35, and drug and disease free" written in big letters on his profile. Because, honey, 5s and 8s look nothing alike. And, if you're gonna be all ageist and "I don't bother with guys over a certain age," don't hit up people over that age. Srsly. You aren't that cute. And, I'm not that desperate ... (yet). *sheesh*

But, enough about that! Good Morning, Kittens!

Pottery class was good last night. I made a rather large casserole (no lid) and a mug. I seem to be in some sort of mug-rut.

I need to churn out a few applications today. And, then, I'll be heading to the grocery store and the Office Depot. Fun times.

More later. *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. Okay, you need to block Y altogether, 'cause this continued IM'ing is not healthy. Been there, done that, and it's not a good thing. Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of humor :P Have you watched Strangers with Candy?
    You might like it methinks...

    Yea, for the life of me, I don't get it when guys rule out folks due to age, race, amongst other things. To each his own I guess.

    Good luck on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are wickedly funny. And amusing. Those who don't get your humor, especially those who attack you for it, should be disregarded. Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made me pee my pants with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marve7:36 PM

    I was totally going to wish people a Happy Jew Year. And WTF, it sounds like Y's being an ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're "not that desperate (yet)." SNORT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. anne marie in philly9:00 PM

    nobody gets my sense of humor either - fuck 'em!

    what, you didn't go to the likker store today?

    ReplyDelete