Saturday, September 06, 2008

Late Night Sober Blogging

Because it's so much more fun to enumerate how your life is going to shit when not nearly durnk enough ...

So, let's see ...

Besides all the stuff I've been whinging about all week (y'know, unemployment, vicious attack, unsupportive ex-boyfriend) ...

1. I'm not durnk.
2. I should be durnk. But, I'm not.
3. I'm out of mixer and don't feel like drinking gin from the cat bowl.
4. I made a mistake on the scarf I'm knitting and don't feel like tinking it.
5. I'm sure all my friends are out having fun without me (the bastards! Don't they know I'm in pain?*).
6. Y sent me the following text message: "I miss you."
7. After debating several responses**, I sent: "I miss you too, but it's something we'll have to get over."

On the bright side, I had a lovely boozy lunch (at least, boozy on my part) with the elegant Ms. Clio Bluestocking:
[OMG. Don't you just totally *heart* the new 'do?]

I got home, I had a package! A book! From the talented songstress, Mush. Yay! Knitting! Happy!

Then, I met Christal, who is in town for work this weekend, and friends for happy hour/dinner.

Back home, I watched National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, which -although I'm sure a load of historical nonsense- was a fun little romp of a movie (if you didn't think too hard). And, hey, was that Helen Mirren? OMG! It was! This must've been before teh Oscar. Either that or somebody (looking at you, Helen) got paid some very big bucks for that role.

So, it's not *all* bad in Vutopia.

Plus, I may have some *slightly* exciting news next week. We shall see.

I guess I should go to bed. Or have another drink.
*smooches*

*Probably not. I haven't got around to filling them all in on the details. Perhaps a mass "Dear Friends" email is called for?
**(1) "I don't" (2) "More or less than when you were in NYC and I was attacked" and I don't remember (3), but there was a (3) and I'm sure it was vicious and cold and mean. Just like me.

6 comments:

  1. Bah. Too bad you can't block anything from his number. I do believe he'd already had his do-over.

    Apparently I'm vicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, dear VUBOQ. I'm sorry it's a shitty evening. You were able to pull a few bright spots out of the day, though. I hope you have a good night's sleep and feel better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you went with the less snatchy reply. And hey, I got attacked yesterday (not as bad as you) and I totally understand how you needed Y to be there for you. Spouse is being good to me, thank god.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-(
    Probably best that you took the high road with Y. You totally deserve better than what he was offering. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a VUBOQ pot, y'all!

    If it makes you feel better, I was at work until 9 pm.

    Perfect response to Y. (1) was perfect, too, but sometimes when you take the higher road, they are more likely to realize that they were the big ass heel that they really are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well played on the restraint. Good thing my ex never sent me a text like that or I'd be on the next bus back up to Boston. I'm weak like that.

    ReplyDelete