Monday, September 15, 2008

And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street

The unfortunate event, like my bruises, is fading. Gradually. From a terrifying, slow-motion few minutes to a fuzzy, hazy dream, only revealed in moments of sharp clarity: the way someone looks at me; when I take off my shirt and my collar catches around my neck; the sound of footsteps behind me. If not for those memories, it would be like it hadn't happened.

It's best not to linger, but it's starting to not feel real. And, that's what I was thinking about on my ride home last night.

The rest of my weekend unfolded as follows ...

Friday evening, no one seemed interested in going to happy hour, and, I must admit, that, as the afternoon wore on, my interest also flagged. In the end, I stayed home and watched High School Musical ... which was surprisingly entertaining (fine. I watched it twice. in a row. and a third time Saturday morning. so sue me).

Saturday, I blobbed around. a lot. In the afternoon, Tomokito (and babeh!) came down to watch Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 on DVD. Honestly, I'm not a huge Tarantino fan, but I luv those two movies. Later that evening, Tomokito, SCGB and I went to Adega for dinner (mmm. $35 special - 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 bottle of wine). Then, we returned to SCGB's apartment for ice cream and cheesy movies on TNT (or TBS or something). Pretty Woman! My Cousin Vinny! Fun!

Sunday, there was lots more blobbing. Then, around 4:30, I left the house to meet Jerry at Nellie's. Of course, I missed the bus by like 45 seconds, meaning I had to walk to the metro station.

I managed to make it to the station in one piece (yay!). At Columbia Heights Station, the most amazing thing happened: I had a brush with the Bloggerati. A gentleman, who looked kind of familiar, boarded the train and sat behind me. I thought for a moment, and then it hit me. I turned and said, "I'm sorry, but are you Jimbo?"

It was. Like, OMG, he's so nice. If I didn't have a major blogcrush on ShallowGal still, I'd totally be crushing on him!

We parted at Nellie's. I met Jerry. We had a drink. Then, we went to the U Street Alero for margs and mexican food. Mmm. Spinach Enchiladas.

I came home (by bus and metro. no walking after dark!) and watched 300.

Fun times, kittens. Fun times.

More later. *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderfully normal weekend! Congratulations. Glad you got to do fun stuff with friends this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting out of the house!

    I have to say that it is absolutely freakish how many people Jimbo and I know in common, apparently completely at random, and we've never met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean you've broken up with Bossy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know, I still haven't seen 300 :D
    That's cool you recognized him and chatted with him. I saw a blogger once but since I never commented on his, I just didn't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ShallowGal would never recognize a blogger who wasn't wearing a nametag (present company excluded of course)

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, good to have met you too. BTW: I found a pair of someone's old sweaty socks in the slippers I bought that day at Target. It was totally gross to find them in there.

    I actually had a decent cobb salad at Nellie's. My past culinary experiences there were not so good.

    ReplyDelete