Tuesday, February 14, 2006

ValDay

Happy Valentine's Day!


enviroheart


I hope everyone has fun and exciting romantic plans today! Remember even if you're not with a special someone, you can still do something special for yourself!

When I was in graduate school, several of my [single] classmates and I used to go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. We called ourselves "The Lonely Losers." We'd eat loads and get drunk. It was a lot of crazy good times.

This year, John and I are ordering Chinese delivery, exchanging cards, and "watching movies." [and, might I add that I look very cute today?]

I'm a little unsure of how the card I made him will be received. I bought some very nice handmade paper for the body of the card. Then, I folded 5 small origami heart cards, using pretty Japanese washi (like this, but prettier). On each card, I copied a verse of the poem I wrote.

For those of you with short memories, here's the poem:

Will You?

Will you be mine?
My Valentine?
My evening star?
My bright sunshine?

Will you hold me tight
And calm my fears?
Will you stay up all night
And wipe away my tears?

Will you laugh when I laugh?
Will you be right when I'm wrong?
Will you smile when I sing
The Floppy Ears Song?

Will you hold my hand?
Will you give me hugs?
Will you understand?

Will you love me?

So, the card has 2 verses on the front page, 2 on the inside left page, and one on the inside right page. I wish I had taken a picture to show you ... instead you'll have to use your imaginations!

*VD smooches*

3 comments:

  1. "VD smooches?" "venereal disease" smooches? j/k.

    as before...

    ::upchuck, puke, vomit, etc.::

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. Are. So. Cute.

    How the card will be received? I bet you get your brains fucked out for it!

    Yay!

    *VD hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, Thankfully, St. Valentine's day is over here. It's 15th! yay.

    I am pretty sure you get lots of hot luving tonight. Happy St. Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete