Friday, February 17, 2006

Venti Caramel Macchiato and the Meaning of Life

Just like a Venti Caramel Macchiato,
Life is sweet.
Life is caffeinated.
Life is milky.
Life is warm.
Life comes in a paper cup.

I think I'm losing my grip on my metaphor here ...

Although, I had plans to stay at home and knit the night away, John's sudden announcement that he might be moving to Bahrain changed that. Instead, we went to dinner with his realtor. John is thinking of selling his house ... or renting it while he's gone ... or leaving it empty for the year. Everything is still up in the air.

It's the uncertainty of it all that is driving me crazy. I wish a decision would be made - Bahrain for a year, Georgia for 3, or staying in DC- and then I could start dealing with it. Coming up with an endless supply of hypothetical situations and responses is emotionally, and physically, draining.

Dinner was yummy. We went to some little Mexican place in College Park. Spinach enchiladas rock my world!

His realtor is a nice guy. Later, John said, "whenever I start to think that you are too flamboyant, I remind myself of [the realtor]." I'm like, I'm not flamboyant. *cough*

John's birthday is coming up soon (like next week). I really wish he'd tell me when it is. He told me when we first started going out. But, I had no idea we'd still be together at that time, so I didn't file it away properly. NOW, he won't tell me. I feel weird going through his wallet, even though he gave me permission to do so.

I decided to buy him Season One of Queer as Folk. He may already have it. I'm not sure, but he has told me before how watching that show helped him come to terms with his sexuality. Plus, it's within the price range I wanted to spend (under $50).

My weekend plans are far from complete.

I haven't heard from Laura yet about Steven and Laura Day on Monday. Saturday, I'm meeting some friends for brunch. No plans for Sunday. I might go to a movie tonight while John's at a funeral/viewing/thing.

Anyone want to come out and play?

1 comment:

  1. Me! Me! Me! I wanna come out and play!

    FLAMBOYANT?!?!?

    ReplyDelete