Thursday, February 23, 2006

I Bought a Book

I've already posted 8 gabillion times today, so what's one more?

AND, I still have yet another fun little tidbit to post, but I think I'm going to hold off on that one until tomorrow (oooh. suspense).

John gave me a $25 gift card to Borders for Valentine's Day and I had a 30% off coupon and a $5 reward certificate (from my Borders Visa). Armed with $39 of free money, I trudged over to the bookstore.

Perhaps, given that it's sunny and 50 here, trudged is the wrong word. Strolled? Sauntered? Moseyed?

Anyway, after browsing among the new releases, I finally chose Shakespeare: The Biography by Peter Ackroyd. Several years ago I read his biography of London [cleverly titled London: A Biography] and enjoyed it immensely. The book (after the 30% discount) was only $23.89! So I still have $6.11 of free money to spend on books. YAY!

I don't think I'll be able to read this one anytime soon though. I already have two books ahead of it in my pile o' books: Mao: The Unknown Story by Jung Chang (the author of Wild Swans) and Jon Halliday and Lost Mountain: A Year in the Vanishing Wilderness by Erik Reece.

I'm looking forward to reading all three. Yay! I *heart* books.

1 comment:

  1. I *heart* books too. And you, of course. Everybody *hearts* you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete