Thursday, February 23, 2006

GAH!

from the WaPo:

S.D. Abortion Bill Takes Aim at 'Roe': Senate Ban Does Not Except Rape, Incest

South Dakota lawmakers yesterday approved the nation's most far-reaching ban on abortion, setting the stage for new legal challenges that its supporters say they hope lead to an overturning of Roe v. Wade .

The measure, which passed the state Senate 23 to 12, makes it a felony for doctors to perform any abortion, except to save the life of a pregnant woman. The proposal still must be signed by Gov. Mike Rounds (R), who opposes abortion.

This sort of thing makes me so mad I could spit. I can't even formulate a clear argument and want simply to insult the fuckers who voted for this bill.

I tell you one thing, if I were a pregnant woman living in South Dakota after this bill passed, I sure as hell would move.

Freakonomics should be required reading for all of the Pro-Life folks.

If you haven't read the book, the author -an economist- puts forth an interesting theory: The drop in crime rates in the late 80s/ early 90s was not due to what "conventional wisdom" thought (more police officers, better economy, etc.) but to the fact that the children who had a higher likelihood of becoming criminals were never born. They were aborted after Roe v. Wade made abortion legal.

It's a little disturbing to think about ... but think about it.

1 comment:

  1. This whole anti-abortion movement makes me equally spitting mad.

    If this nation outlaws abortion I will fucking move to Canada.

    ReplyDelete