Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Update: Magic and Men Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

What an amazingly full weekend. On Friday, Eric from Baltimore came to town. He had the day off, so we went to Alero in Dupont Circle for margaritas and cheese dip. As we were sitting there enjoying the day, a member of the Real World DC cast walked by. I recognized him by his total greasy skankiness (srsly, dude. Ever consider showering?) and the cameraman (who was HOT!) and the handler following him. My little brush with Lame Reality Show Fame.

After lunch, Eric and I wandered over to the National Portrait Gallery/ American Art Museum. Fun. As I was taking a picture outside the museum of the upside down US Flag. We heard this loud CRASH! We looked at this woman on a cellphone totally smashed into the front of a parked car. She backed up a bit ... AND DROVE OFF! So, I took a picture of her license plate (since I had my camera out). We looked at the car she hit but there was no damage (amazing!), so we didn't leave a note (Neither of us had pen/paper either).

Around 5, we went to Nellie's for Happy Hour. There, we met Mike (Who Makes Cakes), Tomokito, and Y. Lots of Cheap Happy Hour Drinks were had by all. Happy Hour over we walked to Ulah Bistro for dinner. I hadn't been there before but I have a vague recollection of someone recommending it to me. I had the white bean veggie burger. It was good, especially the fries. Mmmm.

Pictures from the day are here.

By that time, one of us (maybe more) was v. durnk so Y drove us home ... except Mike (Who Makes Cakes), who walked home to make a cake (srsly). Y was v. pissy. He's all "your friends only tolerate me because they you're friends" and "you make friends so easily" and blah blah blah blah blah and "poor me." And I was all

Shut the Fuck Up Already.

Because, as I gently explained to him, I do not make friends easily. I *work* at making AND keeping friends. I don't sit at home expecting to be invited out. I invite people out. I don't sit at home waiting to be invited to parties. I host parties. So, if he wanted to have a little Y Pity Party, he wasn't getting it from me.

Then, I went to bed.

Later, we had sex. Several times. Apparently, I have no standards. *wink*

Saturday, Very. Hung. Over. So, I postponed the date and spent the day resting, relaxing, cleaning, and wondering when the hell Y was going to leave my apartment. The Answer to that would be 7PM ... and only after he started getting hungry and I (a) didn't have any food and (b) didn't want to go out. And, for those of you who know about the Possible Roommate Situation, I know what you are going to say.

After he left, I watched DVDs. And went to bed.

Sunday morning, I ventured forth into Virginia (*shudder*) to meet friends (Carolyn, her manfriend, and Kristin) to watch Harry Potter 6. Without giving too much away, I'll say that I really liked the movie. In fact, I consider Book 6 to be the worst in the series, but Movie 6 is one of the best (perhaps second after HP3). One reason I may have been so positively impressed by the film is that it's been quite a long time since I read the book. I can't remember what they left out and/or changed for the movie. The production of the film is stunning. And, I love me some Helena Bonham Carter. Even though, I'm sure, they deleted a lot of important (to the fans) scenes from the book, the overall storyline stayed true with enough little details included to build anticipation for the final two movies. Hurrah.

Carolyn drove me home and I got back in time to clean up a bit for my postponed date. We had made plans to have some wine/cheese and, then, go to dinner somewhere in Silver Spring. What actually happened was that we had wine and cheese and, then, Vuboq, was a little tipsy because all he had eaten all day was a blueberry muffin* ... so we had sex. Yes, if you're counting, I had sex with 2 different guys in 3 days. I believe that officially makes me a slut. Oh, well.

The sex was all right. Nothing spectacular. But, it wasn't bad. Which is good. And, the he was a little more interesting (prior to the sex) than the previous dates. So ... deserving of another date (once he gets back from work travels).

Today, I don't have any special plans. I need to run to the store to buy food. And, I should do a little job hunting, too.

Have a great day!
*smooches*

*"I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a blueberry muffin."

10 comments:

  1. Oh, so THAT'S what the fb post was about.
    Aw, but if you can't be a little slutty when you're young and unattached, when can you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had sex with two different guys in one day when I was 20-something. Yesterday I changed two different babies' diapers in one day! Of course changing Hana's diaper is the best:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know Y was still loitering about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really need to have sex with three guys in one day to be a proper slut. If you're taking three days, then you need to have five guys. Eight guys in a week will also get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GayProf: Where have you been? Y just won't go away.

    VUBOQ: I'm actually a big proponent of having a single & slutty period in your life, though I have to say that mine pales in comparison to yours. I still think Y's way more trouble than he's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline in HI3:17 PM

    Two guys in three days?!? Wow! I haven't done THAT in a long time... About 20 years. Damn, I'm old. But screw quantity. What about QUALITY? Was it all good, I hope?

    And what about FREQUENCY? My own personal best, with an old boyfriend who had an ass like a jackhammer: NINE TIMES. (Say it again, Bueller: NINE TIMES.) In one DAY.

    As I recall, we both had trouble walking for a while. >:o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a slut. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. anne marie in philly5:41 PM

    cheese louise, I NEVER had that kind of luck when I was young and single.

    Y is a selfish, lazy user...as long as you pamper him, and pick up after him, and cook for him, and clean for him, etc. when that stops, he slinks away. I can see him now, sitting back, thinking "what more can I get VUBOQ to do for ME?" and what do you get out of it? a broken spirit.

    nope, can't see any good coming from a roommate situation with Y.

    and if he hangs around with your lovely friends and starts the "poor poor pitiful me" routine every time you go out, your friends will stop wanting to hang with you cause who wants a wet blanket dragging everybody down?

    (gets down off the soapbox now)

    ReplyDelete
  9. rn terri7:31 PM

    2 guys in 3 days, oh to be young again........... ;-)

    ReplyDelete