Thursday, July 23, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow

Good Morning, Kittens!

VUBOQ's little Field of Basil is doing quite well ... even though it hasn't rained since late June.

Cinnamon basil,
Thai basil,
Purple basil,
Bush basil,
and Sweet basil

They are all looking tasty tasty:

Cinnamon BasilAnise (Thai) BasilPurple BasilBush BasilSweet Basil

And there's also Thai Dragon Chili Peppers:

Thai Dragon Chili Peppers

And an Eggplant (which has yet to produce any eggs):

Eggplant

And Cosmos for days and days and days ...

Cosmos

In other news, pottery class was fun. I made two cylinders which will become mugs. Next week might be difficult because my regular ride is out of town. I'll need to figure something out. As a last resort, the instructor offered to pick me up at the metro station (She's so nice!).

I'm off to DC today. Meeting Ray for lunch and, then, if the weather is not too hot/humid, I think I'll go to the zoo for a bit. Say hi to the flamingos. Wander about.

Have a great day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly8:41 AM

    VUBOQ has a green thumb AND is great with the camera!

    I like the first pix w/the bumblebee...

    have a good day at the zoo (you animal you)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm -- All of my garden items are tiny compared to these. I suppose that's what happens when you live in a place where the state flower is an icicle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your silver bells, cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row are looking very healthy, VUBOQ. Apparently being a dab hand at pottery translates into a green thumb as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better make some effing pesto with that basil and then proceed to put in on EVERYTHING you eat for the next two weekz (ala me).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling basil-infused alcohol of some kind is on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete