Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Good Morning, Kittens.

How the heck did it get to be Wednesday already? Time flies when you blob on the sofa and do nothing for days. Srsly.

For most of the day yesterday, I scoured the intarwebz for job openings. I found a few which look interesting. Today, I'll be updating and modifying my resume and cover letter templates to make them more job specific. That way the Job Openings will each feel special in their own little way. Isn't that cute?

Then, I walked up to the Whole Foods for hummus, cheese, and tortilla chips. Somehow that ended up costing over $25 and completely filling my shopping bag. Weird.

I also made some more tea-infused vodka. This time I used Sainsbury's Kenya Loose Leaf tea. I think I used too much because that shit is strong (and delicious!). The blueberry gin I took up to BOSSY's was so good I am considering making a little more for Home Use. And, CNTBD liked it, so I should make him some too.

Later in the evening, I attended our co-op's monthly Board Meeting. Joy. Rapture. And, OMG!, so long. There is a certain Board Member who loves to complain about how she dislikes being on the board and all the accompanying duties (when you can tell that she secretly loves it). I need to learn to filter out the complaining, because the jobs get done. Still, it's annoying.

After the meeting, Tomokito came down for a martini made with delicious Bluecoat gin from Philadelphia. The bottle is almost empty, and Tomoko was about to do an On-the-Spot AA Intervention until I explained that I did not buy this bottle while I was in Philly over the weekend, rather it was a present from Anne-Marie in Philly who came down awhile back. I should've picked up another bottle while there though. Oops.

Fortunately, I checked the website (linked above) and I can buy it in DC. Hurrah.

ANYWAY, hanging out with Tomokito was fun. She can drink now! In fact, on Friday, Eric from Baltimore is coming down and we're all going to go to happy hour. Yayz!

And, of course, I have pottery class this evening. Mostly I'll be doing trimming. I'm thinking of trying to throw a large water pitcher if I have time. We shall see ...

Have a Great Day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Tea infused vodka sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly11:05 AM

    I just received some jersey blueberries from my neighbor last evening; I intend on making some blueberry gin!

    and YAYZ - tomokito is home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about this whole Wednesday thing myself. When did THAT happen? *sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rn terri4:57 PM

    It's Wednesday already?

    ReplyDelete