Friday, July 03, 2009

Timing

Good Morning, Kittens.

Happy Holiday Weekend. I hope you all have Firework Spectacular Plans! I have a pretty full weekend ahead, for sure.

Last night, I met a friend for dinner at Austin Grill (Margaritas!) and a movie. Because the Metro Red Line has become impossible to predict, I was a little early. I must've missed a storm by a few minutes. The ground was all wet and the light was amazing. Pictured is a shot I took on the corner of 8th and F, NW, looking west. I wish I had brought my "real" camera. Some other cameraphone shots are on my flickr page.

After dinner, we had originally planned to see The Country Teacher, a Czech film about a teacher who moves to the countryside. A woman who falls for him, but he falls for her 17-year-old son. Unfortunately, the website lied about the final showing (it was at 7:10 not 9:40. Boo on the website). So, we decided to see Food, INC, a documentary film along the lines of Fast Food Nation. It really didn't present anything new (at least to me); however, it did make me very glad that I don't eat meat and that I try to eat organic and locally-grown food as much as possible.

The movie got out late, so I took the 70 home. What a joy that is.

Today, I have no real plans. I need to go to the store and I'll probably stay home to watch DVDs tonight.

Saturday, Mike Who Bakes Cakes is hosting a BBQ. He's asked me to bring something vegan (What? I can't use the CHEEEEEEEEZ? The Horror!). Weather-permitting, we'll walk from his house to a spot to watch the Fireworks.

Sunday, Eric from Baltimore is coming down for Margaritas and Mayhem. I'm still trying to get a group together for that. If you're in the DC area and want to join, let me know :-)

Have a great weekend! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. A vegan barbeque?

    My word verification is "undero" -- like Underoos. I find that amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clio Bluestocking: The BBQ, itself, is not vegan; however, one of the attendees is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly6:31 PM

    sounds like a fabu weekend is in store for Y-O-U!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not one thing Vegan is required of you when you attend Camp Bossy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, o.k., because that seemed like an odd combination of words to a girl from Texas, the land where "barbeque" mean "put a cow on the grill."

    ReplyDelete